• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[RMT]every elemental absorb, and immunity possible.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Team Introduction:

One day, randomly, I got inspiration. After using Vaporeon, and Heatran extensively, and to some point, Elevtivire, and pokemon containing Levitate (Usually Bronzong, and Gengar) I wanted to make a team containing every elemental absorb, and every immunity possible. I started out the team immediately with Vaporeon, Heatran, Jolteon, and Gengar, and quickly ran into problems. Which Pokemon should I use? Heatran, and Vaporeon are obvious choices, but what about the others? Should I use Jolteon, or Electivire? A flyer, or a levitate users? And other various problems. Over time, I got more, and more ideas, and eventually this team was formed.

Resistance chart:

My team at a glance:

My team at a closer look:

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
IVS: 0 Spd
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
---

Utility lead, as well as a user of Levitate. My team has a single 4x weakness (Heatran's 4x weakness to EQ.) which is walled by both Bronzong, and Staraptor. Sets up Stealth Rock, and screens. Does not carry Explosion, because Bronzong needs to live as long as possible. Vaporeon's Wish support helps support his longevity, and with a resist, and an absorb to his one major weakness, as well as his awesome defenses, is a crucial team player.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---

Water absorb, Wish user, and Bulky Water. Vaporeon is another crucial team player, supporting in the longevity of all the members on the team, especially helping Staraptor survive longer, due to his SR weakness, and frailty. Rather than running the standard Protect variant, I opted for more coverage by including a stab, and Ice, and Electric moves to counter as many pokemon as possible.

A problem I've noticed Vaporeon has, is that his usefulness is unfortunately SEVERELY hindered by users of Toxic. The last month or so I've spent testing out this beast of a team, nearly every team I've played against has had several Toxic users, or a Toxic spikes user. With no way to absorb the spikes, and without a cleric, I become worn down quickly.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass
---

I was torn between Jolteon, and Electivire, but I was more fond of Jolteon, being agile without the need for Motor Drive, and packing one of the strongest Thunder Bolts in the game. I've been torn on what to use for his 4th move, and have actually played every game on shoddy (something like 30 or 40 battles, actually.) on standard ladder, and unrated with only three moves. If only, if only Jolteon learned U-Turn. u.u

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP/56 SAtk/204 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

MVP of the team. Most of my games have been won by this awesome monster of a Pokemon. Much of my game is spent removing his potential threats, and sweeping when their team is weakened from extended play. Bulky, status absorber, Fire absorb, and immune to Toxic, a status that seemingly cripples my team. Nothing special about the EVS or moveset. Taken straight from the 2009 March ladder statistics, but regardless, his utility, and importance to the team is not without note.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Double-edge
- Close Combat
---

With a team of special attackers, I needed an effective, powerful physical attacker, but I also needed a normal/flying Pokemon for Ghost/Ground immunity. I came up with this pokemon before I thought about using Bronzing. The original team had Gengar, and originally planned on using Mightyena, because I remember that in Advanced, Mightyena was Normal/Dark. Upon checking his status in DPP, he was unfortunately changed to mono dark.

I've had mixed results with Staraptor. Sometimes, Staraptor just eats them appart, and others, Stealth Rock, and factors like Confusion and Paralysis render him useless.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/208 Atk/48 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
---

I originally planned on Gengar, but I'm glad I didn't. Spiritomb has proven to be an invaluable asset to my team time, and time again. With no weaknesses, and immunity to Psychic, Fighting, and Normal, I've been able to effectively wall many common sweepers, and prevent them from setting up with Taunt and WoW, and force them into attacking, and ultimately winning the war with Sucker Punch, and Pain Split. I sacrificed quite a bit of defensive EVs into attack, and I've been so very greatful that I have. That extra little attack has made the difference in koing many, many pokemon.

My record with the team is mostly positive. There is probably a better way to approach how to build the team, and I encourage someone to help me build this team concept in a better way. I do have rules on how the team must be built, however.

1. The team must include EVERY possible absorb, and immunity in the game.

2. The team must include Vaporeon, and Heatran

Grunt

Smash Master
I tried a bunch of different pokemon, but fitting under the two rules you stated, The current team you have is pretty good. Other random pokes to try would be togekiss, but then you need a phys attacker, so you could put in electvire, but then you lose volt absorb so your Bulky Water could be Lanturn but then you lose water absorb and vaporeon, so it's not really worth it.

You might try replacing zong with togekiss since the only thing he's there for is levitate which is redundant since you have staraptor/togekiss if you switch him. If you do that you could replace staraptor with a good phys attacker with a special immunity like salamence or something.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I tried a bunch of different pokemon, but fitting under the two rules you stated, The current team you have is pretty good. Other random pokes to try would be togekiss, but then you need a phys attacker, so you could put in electvire, but then you lose volt absorb so your Bulky Water could be Lanturn but then you lose water absorb and vaporeon, so it's not really worth it.

You might try replacing zong with togekiss since the only thing he's there for is levitate which is redundant since you have staraptor/togekiss if you switch him. If you do that you could replace staraptor with a good phys attacker with a special immunity like salamence or something.
If I lose Bronzong, I need a new SR/Spiker. I've used teams without a SR user, and let me tell you, it's a VERY steep, uphill battle. Especially when I start getting statused.

Grunt

Smash Master
you could use aromatherapy Blissey for ghost immunity and getting rid of statuses. Then you could either keep staraptor or go with salamence for sweeping, or you could keep zong and soup him up for sweeping.

ss118

Smash Master
"It's better to have great strength overcome great weaknesses than to have little strength overcome little weaknesses."

From the book of Mow

D

Deleted member

"It's better to have great strength overcome great weaknesses than to have little strength overcome little weaknesses."

From the book of Mow
on that note, you'd kick a lot more *** if you made vaporeon modest, max spA with Specs and Hydro Pump.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
on that note, you'd kick a lot more *** if you made vaporeon modest, max spA with Specs and Hydro Pump.
I could do this, then drop Staraptor for Blissey, but this would also force me to drop either Jolteon for Electivire, or Heatran for Houndoom or Flareon, since I would need a new Physical attacker.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
But then I lose entry hazards, and I still have a Pokemon that takes 25% from SR, with no spinner.

Niiro

Smash Ace
meh, spinners are a waste of a team slot unless your playing ubers lol.

Grunt

Smash Master
25% off your life kind of sucks, but you can put on leftovers and hopefully you're only switching him into something that can't take him down easy, otherwise you probably would have lost anyways.

Top Bottom