• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT casual mono-Poison, needs a lot of help

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
My friends and I are each creating mono-teams of our favorite types, and mine would be Poison. Trying to create a team utilizing only Poison types, and pretty much revolving around entry damage/toxic spikes/status conditions/stalling in general, with hardly any actual sweepers.

I realize that that's a lot of restrictions I put on myself, but I play the game to have fun while battling. My other friends and their mono-type teams aren't exactly designed to kill tournaments either, but I'd still always appreciate any suggestions or input.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Timid | Inner Focus
252 HP/252 SPD/4 Spc. DEF
-Hypnosis
-Air Slash
-U-turn
-Roost

The lead, mainly to induce sleep at blinding speed, then U-turn into Nidoking who sets up entry hazards. None of my friends use Rapid Spinners, because I don't think they're aware of what it does.. :) Air Slash is for STAB and flinch, and Roost helps it not die to EQ, and heals up while they die from residual damage.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Impish | Battle Armor
252 HP/252 DEF/4 ATK
-Pursuit
-Toxic Spikes
-Protect
-Fire Fang/Night Slash

My main switch-in to a Psychic-type who would otherwise sweep me with a STAB. When they try to run, Pursuit catches them and brings them down. My secondary T-spiker, and Protect stalls for more damage. Fire Fang is for Steels.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Timid | Natural Cure
252 SPD/252 HP/4 Spec. DEF
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder

My favorite pokemon, so i'm going to be a stubborn Timmy and keep it in the team no matter what. Leech Seed/Substitute is mean in general, and Sleep Powder should hopefully shut down poisons/steels/anything that can't be poisoned. Sludge Bomb getes STAB and punishes Grasses that dodge Seeds.

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
Modest | Poison Point
252 SPD/252 DEF/4 Spec. ATK
-Toxic Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam

Primary T-Spike/SR'er, Ice Beam is coverage since Gengar has Thunderbolt and Drapion has Fire Fang. Earth Power could probably be replaced, but i'm not sure with what.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid | Levitate
252 SPD/252 Spec. ATK/4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Trick
-Focus Blast

My primary sweeper if the situation calls for it, getting STAB for Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb. Thunderbolt is standard from what i've seen on most Gengars. Trick gives me an option to shut down other sweepers.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold | Levitate
252 HP/252 DEF/4 Spec. DEF
-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Pain Split

A physical tank. Will-O-Wisp adds another status to my arsenal, Flamethrower mows down more steels that would be a problem, Pain Split heals, and Thunderbolt blows away Water/Flying, especially Gyrados. Levitate makes it so I only have one weakness.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Your team relies way too heavily on Toxic damage to win, you have only one real attacker on your team in Gengar.

Imo you should change Nidoking to a mixed sweeper set, Ice Beam/Fire Blast/EQ is the mix that will help your team the most since it covers Ground and all Steel types which give your team trouble obviously. The last move is up to you, there's plenty of good choices, Shadow Ball can help if you predict a Psychic switch in and also hits Ghosts like Gengar and Rotom who will be immune to Toxic Spikes. Shadow Claw is equally usable operation off the slightly higher of Nidokings attacking stats.

Also Weezings WoW is basically pointless. Once again I'd say go with Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse so you have something to hit things like Celebi.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm actually not sure which of the RMT guidelines he's breaking either.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
to make it better, go to www.veekun.com for pictures of pokemon, it just makes this thread much easier to read

assuming this is gen IV

make roserade your lead like this:

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Natural Cure / Timid
Sleep Powder
Toxic Spikes
Leaf Storm / Grass Knot / Energy Ball
HP Fire / Ice

It's a pretty good lead and does want you want, Crobat is good, just better suited for other things, you also only need 1 t-spiker

Make gengar a substitute set like this:

Gengar @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Levitate / Timid
Substitute
Pain Split / Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

He's good with choice items, but he's a monster with Substitute, trust me. (Life Orb with Pain Split, Lefties with Sludge Bomb, Pain Split is the better option)

Weezing is fine as he is. Leave him be.

Crobat, since he won't be your lead should be this:

Crobat @ Life Orb
Inner Focus / Naive
204 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Brave Bird
Heat Wave
Roost
U-Turn / Taunt

This is a fairly good sweeper, who can also scout or stop opponents from setting up.

Nidoking should be replaced with Nidoqueen, since you look like you want stall support for offense is a great team type, should be obligated to putting up other entry hazards (mostly because they are the only poison types who can set up SR and Spikes) and Nidoqueen is better suited for defensive roles than Nidoking, so run this:

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Poison Point / Impish
252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Great coverage and helps with support

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Please do not add pictures to your post. Please, dear god, please.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
60% in every game except Diamond and Pearl.

This team is being made on Pearl, so I can see why Hypnosis is unusable at 60.

In a link battle where one trainer uses Pearl and the other use Platinum/HG/SS, what will Hypnosis' accuracy be?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think it depends on who hosts the battle or something like that.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
I think it depends on who hosts the battle or something like that.
All righty then.

Would Tentacruel help at all on this team as a special wall? I wouldn't need him as a Spinner, since my playgroup doesn't use SR/Spikes.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You already have Roserade. Roserade can recover HP with Leech Seed, something Tentacruel can't.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Your EV spreads seem arbitrary. Are you sure these are optimal?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why wave, it makes it that much easier to read when he has one picture of each pokemon

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Your EV spreads seem arbitrary. Are you sure these are optimal?
Well, they're all 252 / 252, is it's either sweeper, wall, or tank. I guess some of them, like Drapion, could go mixed.

Also,
Drapion @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Whirlwind
Roar

why wave, it makes it that much easier to read when he has one picture of each pokemon
I don't read the pictures.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Taunt fails because you're Roared out before you can do anything.

But in all honesty, that set is pretty bad, don't use it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Drapion: Base 95 Speed
Relevant things with Taunt: Base 100 Speed or higher

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So relevant things:

Aerodactyl, Azelf, Frosslass, Crobat, ST Picking Rest

Don't use it as a lead.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
What's the best program to get this team onto my DS game? I heard Poke-Sav was outdated, and i'm currently trying out Poke-Gen. Any other recommendations?

Top Bottom