• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ripping CD ????

masjana.liza

Smash Rookie
Anybody please clear me with what is ripping a Cd. As far as i know it is converting ths audio songs of a CD into a format compatible to be played in PC. Is it really so?? Please correct me if i am wrong . Thank you in advance

GOTM

Smash Champion
your not really converting anything. your just taking the songs on the CD and putting them onto your computer. sometimes they have protection on them, so in a way it is converting them, but not to a different format. only if you choose to do so.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
GOTM pretty much said it. Just think of it as downloading music, but instead of from the internet, from a CD.

:D

PohTayToez

Smash Cadet
Anybody please clear me with what is ripping a Cd. As far as i know it is converting ths audio songs of a CD into a format compatible to be played in PC. Is it really so?? Please correct me if i am wrong . Thank you in advance
Yes, that's correct. Basically it's the opposite of burning a CD, but it doesn't have to be specifically music. Burning is writing info to a disk, while ripping is copying info from a disk.

Also, like GOTM said, ripping technically isn't converting. True ripping is an exact bit by bit copy, but traditionally programs that rip music CDs or video DVDs convert them to a format more easily playable on your computer such as MP3 for audio and BIN for video.

Top Bottom