• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riot Ganondorf

Link to original post: [drupal=1553]Riot Ganondorf[/drupal]

I'm making a homebrew Smash-game, and here's how I plan on buffing Ganondorf:

Consuming Aura
This idea wasn't my own, although I wish it was. It was recommended that an area around Ganondorf affect players like poison head-flowers. The damage the aura would inflict would increase with the amount of damage Ganondorf receives.

Darkness
In Smash Riot, I wanted Darkness to have an affect on gameplay, so I had it slow down those it hits. To really emphasize Darkness, Ganondorf's neutral-B is him hurling out a sizable wave of Darkness. The idea is to counteract spacers by making it easier for Ganondorf to circumvent their keep-away, instead of shoe-horning an awkward projectile into Ganondorf. The new special is pretty quick.

New Utilt and Fsmash
In a nutshell: the old utilt is the new fsmash (starting at old power, and charging from there), and the new utilt is a Rest-like attack with a small Darkness-geyser to boot.

Improved Air-Game
In a list of nutshells:
  • Old nair is new bair, with second kick as strong as first. Of course the attack's flipped!
  • Fair gains a spiking sweetspot.
  • New nair is the burst from spin-taunt, with hitbox on either side.
  • Uair is MvC2-Guile's Flash Kick, with Darkness-projectile travelling short distance.
  • Dair is left alone, if a slight instant of hovering is not widely desired.
Less Lag on Side-B

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Pretty cool, if this works out then you shall be praised.

bobson

Smash Lord
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but four other people have started working on flash based Smash games, and they have all abandoned their projects.
To his credit, this guy actually seems to know what he's doing and plans to do this professionally, unlike the thousands of "IM GONA MAKE SMASH BROS 4 WITH SORA AND JAMES TAYLOR AS PLAYABLE CHARS" chuckleheads.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
To his credit, this guy actually seems to know what he's doing and plans to do this professionally, unlike the thousands of "IM GONA MAKE SMASH BROS 4 WITH SORA AND JAMES TAYLOR AS PLAYABLE CHARS" chuckleheads.
Don't forget Krystal....

>______________>

<_______________<

Lolfurries

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Guys, I heard that Ridley, Cell Shaded Link, and Bowser Jr. are going to be in brawl, but G&W, ICs and Young Link are being cut on a radio interview with Sakurai.

Top Bottom