• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Question

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Will Riivolution ever launch with a modded Wii? I have one, but my friend wants to play Project M again and I only have a 4GB card (plus, I want to use sound effects) and I want to make sure i'm doing everything right. I want to bring it over to his Wii, which is unmodded.

Rephrasing it: trying to load Riivolution at all doesn't work on a modded Wii (it doesn't launch), however, is it just the modded Wii (mine's) and it can launch perfectly on a normal, unhacked, unmodded Wii?

Just want to know since I'm bringing a 4GB card to a friend's house.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Booting the game with Riivolution requires that your Wii is modded. If you have the app you should be able to run it from the Homebrew Channel, or even install Riivolution as a channel on your Wii.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
The instructions on the official Project M download page says otherwise.
Your SD card must be less than or equal to 2 Gigabytes to use Project M. If your SD card exceeds 2GB, you can use Riivolution if your Wii is softmodded. Note: The Project M installation includes both music and textures as part of the standard package. If you have custom content on your card, it will be overwritten.
I don't have any experience with this outside of using the original Brawl disc.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Okay, it turned out the Wii my friend had was the newer model with no GC ports, so it wouldn't work.
Oh well, thanks anyway.

PM666

Smash Cadet
:mario64: Im having a problem with riivolution myself, it loads the app than gets stuck on "Loading..." than never moves i know there are countless setups on the web but ive tried almost everything so if somebody could explain exactly where everything must go id appreciate it. :luigi64:

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
My Wii has done that to me on occasion. Usually I notice the disc drive will stop spinning. Just resetting the Wii fixed it for me though.

PM666

Smash Cadet
My Wii has done that to me on occasion. Usually I notice the disc drive will stop spinning. Just resetting the Wii fixed it for me though.
Ive tried it on several occasions and everytime it gets stuck there ive only had it half work once. It loaded the hacks on my SD card but didnt load them it loaded brawl regularly. Ive read countless walkthroughs on setups for my SD card but nothing seems to work -_-

PM666

Smash Cadet
:mariomelee: Ok so i finally got it to load but it freezes on the stage select screen im thinking its the "smashbros_sound" file because all of a sudden its not working, i feel like such a n00b asking how to use riivolution -_- :luigimelee: :bowsermelee: :falconmelee: :dkmelee: :falcomelee: :linkmelee: :marthmelee: :mewtwomelee: :nessmelee: :pichumelee: :samusmelee: :sheikmelee: :yoshimelee: :zeldamelee:

Top Bottom