• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution help needed SDHC

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
So I'm trying to load Custom Brawl character textures on my SDHC card. I know Gecko OS won't do this, but I'm having issues on Riivolution as well. I got Gecko OS and Riivolution both to load my hacks on my old SanDisk Ultra II 1GB card but when trying to load through Riivolution on my Kingston SDHC 8GB Class 4 it doesn't even show any options to load any hacks when I start Riivolution. It just looks like this

And the content is the same on both cards as far as I can tell. Anyone else run into a similar problem and knows the solution how to fix this? I could just use my old card when I want to use custom Brawl stuff, but I rather have it so I don't need to swap cards.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I have used Gecko for quite a while to load all my custom Brawl stuff (models, textures, stages, etc.)

What does your SD card's folder structure look like? Do you have the code file and Brawl files in the right places?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I have the Riivolution app folder in the "Apps" folder

I have the SSBB XML file, Ocarina file, and code handler bin file in the "Riivolution" fold on the root of the SDHC card

I have the Gecko OS code in the "codes" folder on the SDHC root

and I have the actual Brawl textures in the pf folder in the "Private" folder like you would with Gecko OS because the one I'm using has it set up to mimic it. This is the setup I used. I've tried a couple other traditional ones and the same issue.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0

Oh and I'm using the latest version of Riivolution, v1.0.4

John2k4

The End of an Era
SDHC *may* cause issues with some games/apps, and I know that Brawl does not natively support SDHC...

Have you tried to launch your game & code with Gecko?
Is your code file named correctly? (Mine is: "RSBE01.gct")

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Yes, like I said the same file structure works on my regular SD card with both Gecko OS and Riivolution. Neither works on my SDHC card.

I can understand Brawl not working with SDHC cards, but I'm seeing an issue in Riivolution before the game is even loaded. I would think Riivolution would show the hack so I can attempt to enable it instead of just showing nothing seeing Riivolution does support SDHC. I've seen other say SDHC works on Brawl with Riivolution.

John2k4

The End of an Era
It does support SDHC...

If you don't have a ton of stuff on the card, you can try copying everything off of it, backing the files up, then reformatting it to the FAT32 option. Riivolution might be having an issue with the filesystem.

John2k4

The End of an Era
That's the problem there. You need to update the System Menu for it to be able to recognize SDHC cards.

Current Menu version is 4.3. Do Not use the "official" Nintendo update method.

How did you Mod your Wii, and do you have a modchip installed?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Reading around, Riivolution/Gecko need the updated System Menu to be able to access the SDHC function. Probably to use a different iOS access.

How did you mod your Wii?
Do you have any brick protection/bootloaders installed? (BootMii/Boot2/Priiloader)

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I have BootMii but it's been so long that I don't remember how to use it. I've upgraded all of my IOS files to the latest updates. Also I don't really feel like updating because I have Darkcorps installed.

As to how I modded it, I used Twilight hack back on 3.2 and I used Waninkoko's 4.0 updater to bring me to 4.0.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright. From what I can see, you will need to update the System Menu version to 4.3 to get Riivolution to work with SDHC.

Since you have a BootMii, it *should* be safe to do a system update.
Detailed upgrade info here.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/upgrade
Upgrade at your own risk! You have the brick protection it seems, but nonetheless be cautious with it.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Hey it worked, thank you. Sorry I was coming off a bit skeptical, but it got it to load everything, even more stuff than it did before on my regular SD card.

I didn't upgrade to 4.3 though, just 4.2 using DOP-Mii

Top Bottom