• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley Speculation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
On the official site Sakuri said that Bowser was the biggest character in Brawl.... meaning that Ridley most likely won't be a Playable character in Brawl...because Ridley is way bigger than bowser...

Unless the of course he made Ridley smaller....but Ridley close to the size of Samus wouldn't seem right....

This still leaves the question of the boss battle music....

Maybe there is a new 1 player (story) mode....which is unique for each character....Wario's motorcycle could be part of his story mode..?

The final level for Samus's story mode could be a fight against Ridley..... that could at leat explain the music...

Thoughts anyone...?

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
*sighs* this has been explained before. What Sakurai ment by Bowser being biggest is that he is the bulkiest character. Ridley would be lighter than Bowser and would be longer and lankier.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Well I assummed since Sakurai said "The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!"
Why would he say biggest AND Heaviest if he only meant that he was the bulkiest?

Takalth

Smash Ace
It depends on your definition of "Big." Is a 6'3" skinny guy or a 5'8" fat guy bigger? As Ridley is much skinnier, he would have to be enormous to actually have more mass than Bowser.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Thats true but I was looking at big as the 6'3 guy since sakurai said heavy which would be the 5'8 guy so the way i look at it Ridley would have to be smaler than Bowser..which would make Ridley not seem right..? Because Ridley is way larger than Bowser...

If you can understand what im saying

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ridley's sorta bony, and scaled down, wouldn't be as huge as many people think.
but Ridley close to the size of Samus wouldn't seem right....
Uh, but that was the way Ridley looked in the Melee trailer.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ridley's sorta bony, and scaled down, wouldn't be as huge as many people think.

Hmmm...you do have a point there...but in the trailer Ridley appears bigger then Brawl's Bowser.....and Bowser is the "Biggest" character...which brings us back to the definition of big....

But why would Sakurai say He's the biggest and heaviest if he wasn't talking about biggest meaning the most space taken up...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
On the official site Sakuri said that Bowser was the biggest character in Brawl.... meaning that Ridley most likely won't be a Playable character in Brawl...because Ridley is way bigger than bowser...
Sakurai said that Bowser is the biggest AND the heaviest. Meaning, there could be bigger, and there could be heavier, but Bowser will be both. It really does not interfere with anyone's chances at all. Except for maybe Kraid. Or pig Ganon.

That is such a stupid comparison to make. Ridley was all hunched up and flying around in the Melee intro movie! The only time you see him stretched out, he's coming at the screen. I guarentee if he was standing tall he still would have been twice Samus' size.

And really, Metroid is levels higher in realism than Mario. I don't think scaling Ridley down would make quite as much sense as scaling Bowser down. Bowser's already scaled down for a ton of his appearances anyway, it's not that huge of a change. Ridley was only scaled down in the original Metroid, and that was because of sprite limitations.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Yeah ture Ridley is all hunched up and is only seen for a couple of seconds...

I think biggest and heaviest means no one is bigger and no one is heavier than bowser...

Think of him as the Maximum...weight and Size....

That's just my opinion though..

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick of all the speculation. I'm not saying it's bad to speculate but have threads with 20 pages and still at just the speculation/ no proof stage is just frustrating.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
We're all picking at straws here. No one truly knows Ridley's(If he would be in) size and weight for Brawl,so depending on how Sakurai would make him could be a clue so to whether Ridley would really big or heavy.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'm sick of all the speculation. I'm not saying it's bad to speculate but have threads with 20 pages and still at just the speculation/ no proof stage is just frustrating.
Welcome to SWF :p.

Ridley might be the next MewTwo; big and light. Bad.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Biggest: Has the most total volume.

Bowser is very round while Ridley is quite skinny. Wings which make Ridley look a lot bigger actually have very little volume.

Heaviest: Flies the least distance when hit.

So it's simple: Bowser won't be knocked as far as Ridley. Don't forget that Samus is one of the heaviest melee characters.

Therefore, a decently large Ridley would in no way conflict with this statement.

Of course, we still don't have a clue whether Ridley will show up, but I think people are inferring too much when they see this as negative confirmation of Ridley.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Maybe Ridley will be the 2ND largest character!
Welcome to SWF :p.

Ridley might be the next MewTwo; big and light. Bad.
But they don't touch the ground. That's coooooooooool.

But seriously, Ridley LIGHT?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
also your argument that ridley is larger then bowser is also illogical

have u seen bowser in sunshine

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
you people DO realise you're arguing over ONE crappily translated sentance, right?
lol@ thinking Nintendo using people who can't properly translate.

Japanese site says the same thing. "mottemo ookiku, mottemo omoi kyarakuta" = largest and heaviest character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom