• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Seriously now, I do not even think they could scale Kraid down by now, since he has already appeared in his giant form in Brinstar Depths. Scaling him down to character size in the next game and having him as an enormous Area Hazard in SSBM seems ridiculous.

They could of course add Baby Kraid as a character, but that seems even more unlikely =)

Skywalker

Space Jump
To be specific, it's the Varia Suit.

Ridley > Kraid.

Kraid lacks the versatility that Ridley has. Ridley bolts (flies) around, shoots balls of flame, spits plasma, and has a powerful tail swing. Kraid shoots spikes and swats Samus with its claws.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Kraid would be avery illogical addition to the SSBB roster as he was already incorporated as a gigantic part of the background in Brinstar Depths. Ridley has a much higher chance, especially since he was scaled down during the opening scene for Melee.

I was against Ridley a while ago, as you could probably see if you read my posts in the earlier pages, but looking back on it I actually like the idea of him being in the game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Welcome to the winning side MDZ lol, yeah Ridley should have the size he had in the melee opening, and also should have alt. costumes. 2 being meta ridley and the look he has in MP3 (which simply pwns), I too never tough ridley would have much of a chance in brawl because of the size, just that, but he can be scaled down I doubt anyone would complain, hes probably the best choice for a newcomer from the metroid series, other would be dark samus (he/she/it wont be a clone, MP2 palyers know why), Sylux from MPH and Rundus from the new Metroid prime 3 game, Rundus has Ice-type attacks and simply pwns, I saw him in some videos he rox...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Welcome to the winning side MDZ lol, yeah Ridley should have the size he had in the melee opening, and also should have alt. costumes. 2 being meta ridley and the look he has in MP3 (which simply pwns), I too never tough ridley would have much of a chance in brawl because of the size, just that, but he can be scaled down I doubt anyone would complain, hes probably the best choice for a newcomer from the metroid series, other would be dark samus (he/she/it wont be a clone, MP2 palyers know why), Sylux from MPH and Rundus from the new Metroid prime 3 game, Rundus has Ice-type attacks and simply pwns, I saw him in some videos he rox...
Yeah, and Dark Samus isn't even Samus, it's Metroid Prime with Samus's DNA and her Phazon Suit. She also has attacks that are different from Samus's like her spreader shot and that one where she jumps up and slams the ground. The list goes on and on. Dark Samus and Ridley should both be in Brawl IMO.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Also I like samus charged beams from the last time u fight with him in MP2, u charge (ur body gains like a layer of phazon) and u can do 2 phazon beam attacks, also that shield he makes when u fire a missile could work as a reflector type attack, the spreader, the Phazon-meteor (thats what i called it the attack that slams in the ground), he/she/it has like so many attacks I lost count, he wotn be a samus clone obviously with those attacks im hopin he makes it with ridley and a hunter XD...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I know was just makin it clear for all the n00bs that say dark samus will be a samus clone lol, well yeah true this IS a ridley thread, has anyone tought of a moveset? cause there are only a few attacks I can c ridley doin the rest are a blur...

Skywalker

Space Jump
Ridley - Specials

B
Spits fireballs rapidly; player must tap A
The fireballs have mild stunning power. Similar to one of Ridley's attacks in Zero Mission.

Over-B
Ridley spins his (her?) tail around once and crashes it to the ground.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
Yeah I know was just makin it clear for all the n00bs that say dark samus will be a samus clone lol, well yeah true this IS a ridley thread, has anyone tought of a moveset? cause there are only a few attacks I can c ridley doin the rest are a blur...
well, ther are a few movesets on the first post, but there are alot more Ridley movesets around this thread too if your willing to check (including mine - pg 35 ;) )

Skywalker

Space Jump
In my opinion, it depends on which form of the Space Pirates you're talking about. There are so many . . .

Stryks

Smash Hero
Space pirates are generic like Koopas and Goombas, I rather c space pirates in an adventure mode Metroid lvl, along with metroids...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There should be a course for all characters and long ones with checkpoints simply because they are so long. God I hope I am right about this one after all Sakurai wants Adventure to be more in depth. They can even have the various versions of the space pirates. I still stand by my support for Ridley and Dark Samus but Ridley is an absolute must.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he would be great and is almost gaurenteed a spot in brawl, but do think he would be simalar in weight to a kirby/bowser build? Id use him for fun, but i wouldn't main him because im more into fast jumpy characters like falco( i main him)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Id say hed be a bit lighter than bowser, he is big, but he''ll probably get resized, also i think he would be fast, but not as fast as fox and others, maybe pikachu-like speed, thats my opinion...

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
See I was thinking more along the lines of a slightly quicker DK, only a little more cumbersome, oh well it's a personal opinion. We will just have to wait and see.

Stryks

Smash Hero
He will have probably many jumps like pit and metaknight, and with that he doesnt need a recovery move like jiglypuff, with the multiple jumps he will be fine, Brawl is the 1st smash game were there are winged fighters, and pit and metaknight show us how they jump in the game, they have multiple, and ridley, havin wings as well, will probably have multiple jumps too...

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol, if u check ridley is kinda skinny, true his big as hell, but since hes gettin rezised probably, he'll have weight i guess similair to Dk MAYBE lower, I dont know im not makin the game XD...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yo Stryks. There is this thread in the Light House that is called "Most powerful character in Nintendo History" and Dark Samus is a highly ranked person on there and being argued as the most powerful. Just thought I would let you know since you support DS. As for Ridley, size isn't really a problem but n00bs keep thinking so...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Beta_MPkraid.jpg

Sorry for the double post but I thought that I would show all of you something I found to be pretty interesting. This is Kraid as he was set to appear in Metroid Prime. According to the Beta, he was to appear in a section of Phazon Mines all to his own. Contrary to popular belief he was not replaced with the Omega Pirate and was to instead have his own area to himself. But that area and him were not included due to time constraints. This would imply that Phazon Mines was to be bigger. The reason he looks as he does is due to the fact that he was rebuilt just like Ridley. I guess he was going to be called Meta Kraid in MP. Anyway, yeah. Anybody else find this interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom