• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Richmond/VCU Melee Tournament

ophanimx

Smash Rookie
Not posting a date or location yet, but simply looking around to see if anyone's interested in attending Melee tournaments in Richmond, VA (in the nice, safe, sort-of-clean-but-not-really area near VCU). Maybe a monthly or biweekly sort of deal, depending on interest.

We have a spot or two to host. There's the possibility of floor space for people out of town. Those of us in charge are poor so if you're out to make a little spending cash, you'll probably have to money match on the side.. we're not going to make people spend money to play when we can't afford to do it ourselves.

Post here or send me a note on AIM (ophanimx) if interested. If enough people want to show up we can make it happen.

Please. We don't like brawl, and we don't want to travel far. Let's bring melee here. :chuckle:

ophanimx

Smash Rookie
I've got roughly a dozen kids I know who'd come for at least a single tournament, provided it's the friendly, "Let's just see who's best" format. That number drops drastically when there's a buy-in or venue fee. Of all of us, though, only myself and one other are even close to pro level (and we wouldn't say we're pro, we're just good.. we can shffl, wavedash, chaingrab, etc).

It's the two of us that are "good" that are interested in putting something together and we'd be hosting at our house. We have the space and such for three or four setups spread out across two floors (perfect for double elimination, winners/losers brackets) with a good sized backyard for a cook out and some drinking/whatever-makes-you-happy. We'd try to record everything to throw up on youtube, keep space around for out-of-towners to sleep if needed, what have you..

It's actually generating the INTEREST that seems to be the problem. Everyone in Richmond seems to either want to continue playing Halo 3 or they've moved onto Brawl. X_X Laaaame.

Know anyone else in Richmond?

ophanimx

Smash Rookie
Weeks, prolly. Gotta find out what my friend's schedule is looking like for the next few weekends, and work out logistics. Sometime this month if I can appease him and the gods into setting it up at his place. I'll have to offer to clean.. that'll be fun. X_X

I'd like to host it on a Saturday soonish, starting around noon and going until those that live there decide to kick everyone out/there's a winner declared. Might even try some crew battles.. eeee.

I'll keep you posted. Got AIM?

loungeact404

Smash Cadet
hey I'm in Richmond (I go to VCU) and I'm looking to play some more people

my AIM is geebake, hit me up

The Fear

Smash Cadet
im the greatest in richmond anyway you put it, melee/brawl/ssb64... it really dosent matter.... hahah jk im at least well respected

Top Bottom