• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Richcity Returns: Big Brutal Brawl Battles (Now with Project:M!!!!!)

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Tournament thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-...oject-richmond-kentucky.351048/#post-16529157

Entry to all events was $5; however a pot bonus of $23 was added to Project:M contributed by the store owner.

Brawl doubles results: http://imgur.com/hK8xn8Q
Entrants: 16 (8 teams)

1. Pokeplantomon - Ralph Cecil~ :snake::metaknight: | Smile :diddy::metaknight: $48
2. The Incredible Bulk - Twig :wario: | Kryp :pit: :metaknight: $24
3. Keroro Platoon - KERO :olimar: | Amida :snake::luigi2: $8
4. Agent of Guilt~ - A:G~ :wario: | Shadow the Past :gw::wario::metaknight:
5. Swamp Monsters~ - Ogie~ | Jfevr
5. Happy Mask Salesmen - MLDISE | Eli
7. Demonic Doubles - Devin | SCC
7. The Scooby Doo Gang - Jeremy | Dylan

Brawl Singles results: http://smashboards.com/data/rankings/769.jpg
Entrants: 16

1. KERO :olimar: $35
2. Twig :wario: $24
3. Ralph Cecil~ :snake::metaknight: $16
4. Smile :diddy: $8
5. Shadow the Past :metaknight::diddy:
5. Kryp :pit::metaknight:
7. Ogie~ :pit::metaknight::rob:
7. WSG SP~ :metaknight:
9. Amida :snake::luigi2:
9. The Real Fatty :falco::dedede:
9. A:G~ :metaknight::marth::wario:
9. Jfevr :snake:
13. Niwdle :zerosuitsamus:
13. SCC
13. MLDISE :falcon:
13. Devin

Project:M Singles results: http://smashboards.com/data/rankings/770.jpg
Entrants: 20

1. Earl :peach::rob: $50
2. WSG Hoboz :ike: $37
3. Amida :jigglypuff: $24
4. Ralph Cecil~ :marth::ivysaur: $12
5. Smile :squirtle:
5. SP~ :fox::metaknight:
7. KERO :ganondorf:
7. Fatty :wario:
9. A:G~ :ivysaur::fox:
9. Ttar~ :pit:
9. Ogie~ :fox:
9. Twig :falcon:
13. Xanthus :sonic:
13. Jaycob :peach:
13. Niwdle :ivysaur:
13. MLDISE
17. Igi :marth:
17. Jfevr :link2:
17. Tred
17. DoubleD :snake::ganondorf::link2:

I've learned a lot from this event and expect improvement upon further events held at Cosmic Oasis. Quick TO Shout-out stuff. Shout-outs to WSG staff for helping run things smoothly and showing me the ropes. Shout outs to our awesome venue owner for giving us a spacious room to run the event with food and drink upstairs.

Last edited:

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
I'm missing a few characters used and could easily fill those in. I only got the people I either played, recognized, or saw playing. The edit button is brilliant though so just ask and ye shall receive a character next to you.

Also, specific shout-outs I'll do later. Edit button too stronk!

Last edited:

Agent:Guilt~

Smash Cadet
NNID
ImAgentGuilt
Not that it matters but I also used Marth, Wario, Ganon, and Mario in Brawl singles bracket.
I used Wario in teams and past used G&W/Wario(i think)/MK
In P:M I also used Fox.

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Shout-outs

Pokeplantomon - I thought we had you when we were up two in winners. Then everything changed with that MK/Diddy team up.
Keroro Platoon - The other KP team got you this time. ;)

1. KERO - That bracket reset 4-0 was pretty hype for me. You aren't an evil villain at all. o-o
2. Twig - Should've placed higher, nub.
3. Ralph Cecil~ - Our games with you going Snake were pretty janky. That's like every match with Snake though. Mopped the floor with me in P:M.
4. Smile - It was hype seeing you and playing you again since it has been so long. I gotta work harder on the Wario/Diddy MU.
5. Shadow the Past - Thanks for the ride to the venue. Wreck everybody with Diddy <3
5. Kryp - We got that team swag.
7. Ogie~ - Even though Kryp and I had that team swag. You got the most swagger for entering with Jfevr and doing well.
7. WSG SP~ - The squiggles are everywhere. Don't lose to mirror shiiiiiiiiiiield.
9. Amida - Why don't you enjoy my floaty game? D:
9. The Real Fatty - Glad you came learned some stuff about P:M Wario from you and I am thinking of switching to him.
9. A:G~ - I put the squiggles near each other in the results for you whenever I could.
9. Jfevr - You took a game from Ralph in pools. Lmao, good work Jfevr.
13. Windle - Despite my whining, things went well. Sorry you didn't know of the 1-stock stuff but it was nice knowing you appreciated some of my work, buddy.
13. MLDISE - Maintain that intense hype level.

1. Earl - Peach dsmash is ridiculous. How the heck am I supposed to play a whole match without touching down on the control stick and getting obliterated by dsmash?
2. Hoboz - We didn't play. Next time I enter P:M, maybe.
9. Ttar - Close matches, Pit has some serious crouch cancel bull I can't handle.
13. Jaycob - Our matches were definitely some of the best matches of the whole day for me.

Castle Siege - For secretly being my best counter pick all day.
Greenup - For all the awesome friendlies we had back at the house.
The TV Incident - For making me freak out over nothing.

jfever64

Smash Rookie
I think im well enough known that its time for shoutouts!

Pokeplantomon/ The incredible Bulk- some day soon, me and ogie are gonna be dukin it out with ye in grand finals.
Agent of Guilt~-good games. Me and ogie will be back...

KERO- good job taking first. Don't feel bad you JV2'd me first round of brawl XD, and sorry for cheering against you in Gfs. hometown pride doh
Twig-good tourney, and thanks for letting me help out. Your GF sets got me hype
Ralph Cecil-That pools game>>> you were a part of the rise o' ol' JFEVR
Smile- you're greenup, that's all I know XD
Shadow the Past- sorry about our friendlies becoming stupid XD, and sorry if I seemed like I was in a bad mood
Kryp-Nice job ending the rise o' ol' JFEVR. We should play more legit 1v1 friendlies
Ogie-You and me got potential brah. Your brothers awesome by the way XD
WSG SP-good seeing Lexington come out. You and the rest of Lex need to teach me and A.M. the art of P:M
Amida- Geez, go ahead and be otori stop complaining OMG. XD jk, nice P:M results
the real fatty- thanks for putting me out of my misery in P:M XD. Sorry if I seemed like I was in a bad mood
A:G-dat teams game doh.
Jfevr-How come people are mean to themselves in shoutouts? You were lookin sexy takin ninth in brawl, and takin a game from ralph. Hype, brah!!!
Niwdle-Why do you hate one stock so much ;_;
Earl-Teach me P:M plz
WSG hoboz-same plz

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
This was going to be short, but wound up not being short lmao.

Twig: Thanks a million for the housing, I really appreciate it. I definitely can't complain about being only 10 minutes from the venue for a change, haha. And thanks for hosting.
Windle: Thanks to you as well for setting all this up. And I enjoyed our Metallica conversation as well as our set. Sorry if I was awkward after our set ended, just wasn't sure what to say lol.
Kero: I'll gechu one of these times :V
Kryp: GG's in our money match. I thoroughly enjoyed our friendlies, making my Diddy Kong level up :B #ForeverFifth
Ogie: Well at least we didn't have to play first round lol. But still, good games. If you want, I'll try and give you some Diddy Kong tips next time we play (even though I don't know nearly enough about fighting against him lol)
SP: GG's in bracket, I really wanted that game 4. I'm sure you realised the irony of saying "I don't think either of us have any secondary characters" after I went Diddy game 3, which is why I kept my mouth shut after you said that :p lmao.
Amida: I've had to play you in bracket one too many times as of late lol. Hopefully next time we play it will be in Winners Semis or something hype lol.
A:G: Thanks for teaming with me, somehow I knew we'd wind up teaming lol. So close to da money tho.
JFever: RKJYFEVER. Lol. Hopefully my MK vs Snake tips helped you out a bit, I did notice you playing a bit differently after I said what I said. Sorry if I'm ever like demotivating you or anything like that, I just never want to sandbag against people who are trying to improve, if you know what I'm saying lol. Keep working at it, I've seen you improving. If you ever want tips in a MU or want me to coach you against someone or anything like that, feel free to ask.

Shoutouts to experimental last minute rulesets that make the bracket last like ~2 hours.
Shoutouts to Greenup and playing doubles for 4 hours after midnight in Twig's room.
Shoutouts to $6 off coupons actually only being $1 off, but for the tasty food making up for it.
Shoutouts to dry-erase board ceilings that we didn't notice until right before we left.
Anti-Shoutouts to mud.
Anti-shoutouts to bad Internet and the stream not working.
Anti-shoutouts to no crew battle happening.
Anti-shoutouts to whoever took Smile's AV cables.

On the topic of the ruleset, I think that, while fresh, the 1 stock ruleset in itself isn't going to revitalize the Brawl scene, at least not on a local level. However, due to the fact that sets now last a ridiculously short amount of time, I'd like to see more stuff added on the side of tournaments to cater to lower level players. I was somewhat disappointed to see a bunch of people who entered Brawl not stick around after they were knocked out of the bracket. Perhaps if we did something like amateur bracket (taking a small portion of the pot as 1st prize), or pro-amateur doubles, we could get some of these players to stick around and want to delve deeper into the scene. The pro-am doubles would also be a nice mixup to the normal static doubles teams we see almost every KY tourney. While this may or may not have been possible at this tournament due to the lack of setups and P:M basically not finishing on time, I would like to see it be a goal for TO's to run more amateur-level events in the future.

Last edited:

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
Ahh I'll go ahead and do some off the top of my head.
Kero: good stuff as usual, sorry if I seemed salty after PM lol
Twig: :wario: You're the man, Corey! Thanks for all the work you did, and good **** with all the work you put in in brawl. Fun teams matches too.
Ralph Cecil~: good to see you, we didn't play any matches though. :/ (did you ever eat your food? LOL)
Kryp: wow gg's never played you before. Good stuff in bracket tho. It wasn't first place at apex, but it'll do.
JFevr~: glad we teamed. It was hype, and we had some fun sets. Hope you've realized much better you've gotten!
Past: wowowow ya had to pick up a different character huh? Jk man that Diddy is crazy. Nice job in bracket, and it was good to see you. Thanks for the help with the hacks!
Amida: fun set in pools. (Jk, f Jigglypuff) it was good seeing you man, and thanks for letting double D win that set. We need to play in melee, and we should have a party/smashfest (your place possibly?) sometime soon if possible.
SP~ GG's in pools. Kinda wish I would've gone fox, but you would've still clutched it out probably. Always good seeing and talking to you bro man
Fatty: super hype set in brawl. It was fun trying out all these crazy/new matchups. GGs. And you definitely got payback in PM. Wario too stronk.
Earl: earl earl earl the swag doctor. Good talking to you again man. Always a good time hanging out with you. Good sh*t in PM, your skill level is ridiculous. Id like to see you win something really big!

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Twig - Sure, I'll keep you on my list.
JFevr - Well, I'd normally have a huge chunk of things to say, but you play Link- Link/Ivy/such kind of break traditional Melee/PM mentalities in favor of Brawl-like tactics actually. If you really want- I can talk with you about any character specific techs and how to use them in the neutral.
Kero - Best tech chases with Ganon I've seen so far, though I walked in knowing you would have the best tech chases considering how you played last time when I was Bowser. Why why did we have to play twice tho!
Amida - That damn character is still dangerous in P:M, its nerve wracking to play without breathing room at times. GG, I'm looking to make it not as close next time >:)
SP - Money blocked
Earl - I let you off easy this time. Next time you'll feel the Ike at full force!
Smile - Aaahhh, I was hoping I would play you so I could see if my anti-Squirtle tech was effective. I got to try it against Jawesome at Shuffle, but you seemed like another great opportunity for me. I call dibs on you next tournament.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Kero - Unfortunate that you didn't make it to Ihop.
Twig - No problem helping you out with the bracket
Ralph - Fun Iron Man, we need to do our Brawl Iron Man sometime
Smile - Ggs, your Squirtle in P:M is scary. I'll learn that matchup sometime ;)
Shadow the Past - Haha, yeah, good on you for holding back that Diddy. I got incredibly lucky in that game, and really shouldn't have beaten your Diddy. But your placement shows that you've passed me up now.
Kryp - Ggs, that Down-B was dumb. But for real, you're one of KY's best at this point.
Ogie - Ggs, I saw your Fox in a P:M match. Keep it up and you'll start taking names soon enough.
Amida - Ggs. Jiggs is better than I gave her credit for, and thanks for teaching me a little about the MU afterwards.
A:G - Always fun to hang out with you, unfortunate that we didn't get to play any in P:M.
Jfevr - Ggs, keep working on that Snake and it'll be great soon.
Earl - Your freaking Peach is too good. We need to play some friendlies sometime. Ggs tho
Jaycob - Your Peach is really solid, just work on your mix up game a little. Ggs
Kyle - Every freaking tournament. I end up playing Ttar in loser's, knocking him out, then playing you and losing. I'll get it sometime though.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was great, I enjoyed myself as usual.
As I made it pretty clear, (Possibly to an annoying level, idk) I do not like the new ruleset. Honestly, I have wanted to quit brawl for a while now, because I just do not enjoy it anymore. In fact, it makes me pretty angry - as I am sure you all noticed. But I just can not let go of this game for many reasons. With that said, I will continue entering purely for the support of the community I love, I just hope nobody expects much from me. I will probably main luigi from now on, with the exception of the two-day game on event.

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Honestly, I have wanted to quit brawl for a while now, because I just do not enjoy it anymore. In fact, it makes me pretty angry - as I am sure you all noticed. But I just can not let go of this game for many reasons. With that said, I will continue entering purely for the support of the community I love, I just hope nobody expects much from me.
I don't ever think somebody should enter an event that they don't want to. It's super cool that you want to support Brawl by entering, but you should know it's not necessary. Whenever I enter an event I do it because I think as a consumer it's money well spent whether I get 1st or go 0-2 twice in a row in bracket. I think you made it clear here that despite what it sounded like at the venue that you enjoy it though.

I always enjoy our matches so I'm glad you'll still be entering and playing. :D

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
This tournament was great, I enjoyed myself as usual.
As I made it pretty clear, (Possibly to an annoying level, idk) I do not like the new ruleset. Honestly, I have wanted to quit brawl for a while now, because I just do not enjoy it anymore. In fact, it makes me pretty angry - as I am sure you all noticed. But I just can not let go of this game for many reasons. With that said, I will continue entering purely for the support of the community I love, I just hope nobody expects much from me. I will probably main luigi from now on, with the exception of the two-day game on event.
If you feel like you're in a mental block with Brawl, feel free to come talk to me about it and I'll see how I can help, whether it be just general motivation or specific MU questions. You're a great player, and I'd hate to see you drop out of the Brawl scene.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
If you feel like you're in a mental block with Brawl, feel free to come talk to me about it and I'll see how I can help, whether it be just general motivation or specific MU questions. You're a great player, and I'd hate to see you drop out of the Brawl scene.
I appreciate it, but I think I will be focusing on melee. BUT, as I said..... I will still enter brawl. So I am not dropping out of the brawl scene, the social part is what is keeping me. In fact, I will have more fun with this game than ever as I will not be taking it seriously. I will use characters just for fun, even characters like puff, lol.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I appreciate it, but I think I will be focusing on melee. BUT, as I said..... I will still enter brawl. So I am not dropping out of the brawl scene, the social part is what is keeping me. In fact, I will have more fun with this game than ever as I will not be taking it seriously. I will use characters just for fun, even characters like puff, lol.
I'll still be here if you want motivation or a fresh perspective on what you're going through

Top Bottom