- Nov 14, 2007
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Use Smashboards links to get your gaming stuff and support the site, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition, Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition Pro Controller - Switch, a Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition - Switch or a Poké Ball Plus.
All of these, sound like genuinely good ideas. Bravo.Oooh, a Rex Support thread. If Rex got into Smash, i'd totally main him in a heartbeat.
As the game isn't out yet, it's a bit tricky to think about a potential moveset. However, i do have some ideas.
- His Anchor Shot Art could be used as his grab. He actually uses it to grapple onto things, as show in this cutscene here.
- Blade switching is the major battle mechanic in Xenoblade Chronicles. However, since most Blades are randomized, we wouldn't be able to incorporate it into Smash......is what i would say if Mythra didn't exist. Now that we know that Pyra and Mythra are the same person, we can easily have Rex switch between the two. Doing so would be like Shulk's Monado Arts, except it would change Rex's Specials instead of his stats.
- Speaking of Pyra and Mythra, i see them not being in the battle directly and instead just following Rex in the background, kinda like the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl.
- The obvious exception to this would be Rex's Final Smash. Like Ryu, Rex would have two Final Smashes, depending on whether Pyra or Mythra is active. It'd likely be based off of their Lv.4 Blade Art.
- From what we have seen of the trailers, Rex seems to be more acrobatic and generally faster than Shulk, so that could translate into being an air-swordfighter.
- I guess they could use his Sword Bash animation for his F-Smash, similar to how Shulk has Slit Edge as his F-Smash. Rex would have shorter range though.
- Rex would have a projectile though. We've seen him shoot out waves of fire with Pyra and he could likely do the same with Mythra, except it would be light.
That doesn't mean anything though, i mean, Roy shoots fire out of his sword but he lacks a projectile in Smash
Thinking about this even more, i want the Pyra/Mythra switch to affect more than just Rex's Specials. Both the September and Xenoblade 2 Directs made it very clear that Blade Switching is very important. Like, certain characters could only be combo'd with Pyra while other characters could only be combo'd with Mythra.And I also agree that Pyra should have the ability to change into Mythra to change the way Rex could fight. You can't have her without her other important form.
Agreed.playing xenoblade 2 has reinforced my desire to see rex in smash its be so cool
also i kind of want to see a nopon and dromarch but that seems less likey
dromarch would be a cool assist trophy
Well, considering there's only about 38 Rare Blades, it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate them. Here's how: make the Core Crystals an item. Basically, the Pokeball/Assist Trophy, but for Xenoblade.Hell, I would like to see if it's possible for all Blades to be incorporate somehow, unless that's too hard.
That would actually not be a bad idea to incorporate them.Well, considering there's only about 38 Rare Blades, it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate them. Here's how: make the Core Crystals an item. Basically, the Pokeball/Assist Trophy, but for Xenoblade.
This would probably be what will happen. I said this in a previous post but the way i would see it working is that Pyra (and Mythra) is in the background supporting Rex, kinda like Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Rex's down-B would have him swap between Pyra and Mythra and this would change his elemental attributes along with maybe his stats. I actually don't know if Pyra and Mythra have different stats in the game but this is what i see happening for Smash. Rex's Final Smash would be him using Pyra or Mythra's Lv.4 Special, depending on who he's using at the time. He'd be like Ryu where he has two Final Smashes.I would also love a Rex/Pyra team up
The Art you are referring to is Rolling Smash and i see that being more of his Side Special since it does move him forward a bit. As for Anchor Shot, it would make more sense for it to be his grab. Sword characters with a tether grab are rare, in fact, i think only the Links have that. His Down-Special to me, would be swapping between Pyra and Mythra. This changes his elemental attacks and his Neutral-B. I see his Neutral-Special being Pyra/Mytha's Lv.1 Special respectively. With Pyra, it's an AoE fire blast whereas with Mythra, it's a long-range light beam.The latter would be his down special and be like Ryu's Focus Attack where Rex would be invulnerable to all knockback and provide a powerful counterattack, while Anchor Shot is his side special would have him pull his enemy towards him and he can choose to attack back or not.
I think that's a given tbh. Azurda is seen in Rex's helmet like 95% of the time.heres a qusetion for yas, purely assthetic would you like rex to carry gramps(arzuda) in his helemt in smash?
personally id like it
That would be a cool touch. Imagine the potential victory animations with him and Pyra.heres a qusetion for yas, purely assthetic would you like rex to carry gramps(arzuda) in his helemt in smash?
personally id like it
So something happened in Xenoblade 2 Ch.8 and it's rather important. I won't go into too much spoilers but the advice itself is a spoiler but if you're a completionist or just hate missables, you'll want it.
And here i was thinking they got rid of timed quests.Indol is basically Alcamoth/Mechonis in which it becomes inaccessible after a certain point and any quests there are lost forever. So do everything you can there first before continuing on with Ch.8. Dev points, shops and Merc Missions transfer to Lefthiria though.
That was a pretty good video and thanks for the mention. There are two things i want to correct you on though. You mentioned that for his Side-B, if he had Pyra, it would be Heat whereas with Mythra, it would be Photon. Those aren't actually the names of the attacks. They're just the names of the first stage of a Blade combo. The names you were looking for were Flame Nova (for Pyra) and Ray of Punishment (for Mythra).Hey guys, I actually created a youtube video on my channel, talking about the moveset potential for Rex in Smash. I mentioned this thread too because some credit goes to "Armagon" from the first page, for some of the ideas. Let me know what you all think!