• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reviving the idea forum?

himemiya

Smash Lord
There a chance that admin will bring the character idea forum to smashboards? Or at least have a stage idea forum where we discuss way we can make a imbalenced stage playable in tournaments?

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I think it's pretty well known by now that we want Lylat to not be all tipsy with a distracting background.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
That's something I've been wondering for awhile myself. You guys think that the PMBR has already decided what they want to do with each character?

Some of the threads seemed like everyone had already figured out what aspects of the character needed work and there didn't seem like a whole left to talk about (eg: the Samus thread).

I'd love to see the idea forums return. I'm sure there are still plenty of neat ideas for stages that may not have been posted yet....

-Ran

Smash Master
In a lot of ways, when you're developing the game it's because you have ideas that you want to work with/towards. I think it's safe to assume that the Project M crew is at the point where they have enough voices providing ideas that are possible, to worry about creating a subsection in a forum that will only become a blackhole of posts. Most people do not understand the limitations of the engine, or the tenants of game design. Though there are a few people that could certainly write some compelling suggestions, it is generally lost in all the white noise. :(

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Some of the threads seemed like everyone had already figured out what aspects of the character needed work and there didn't seem like a whole left to talk about (eg: the Samus thread).
With some of the characters (such as Samus), the problem is more that those characters probably aren't ready to be worked on yet. Samus is an extremely hard character to work with because of how she contorts her body as she jumps around and attacks. It's obvious that Olimar and ICs (and possibly MK) could be trouble chars, but most people don't realize that the other unreleased chars (like Samus and Yoshi) also have their own set of issues that are pretty ridiculous to deal with and fix. Then of course, there's the problem that, until universal fixes are applied to tethers and other things in P:M, Samus will never be able to be properly worked on without outright abandoning some of her Melee feel, which I'm sure most of the Melee Samus players would downright detest. :(

Tl;dr - There are more problems than just 'ideas running out.' Some of these ideas can't even be properly tested yet. :ohwell:

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
With some of the characters (such as Samus), the problem is more that those characters probably aren't ready to be worked on yet. Samus is an extremely hard character to work with because of how she contorts her body as she jumps around and attacks. It's obvious that Olimar and ICs (and possibly MK) could be trouble chars, but most people don't realize that the other unreleased chars (like Samus and Yoshi) also have their own set of issues that are pretty ridiculous to deal with and fix. Then of course, there's the problem that, until universal fixes are applied to tethers and other things in P:M, Samus will never be able to be properly worked on without outright abandoning some of her Melee feel, which I'm sure most of the Melee Samus players would downright detest. :(

Tl;dr - There are more problems than just 'ideas running out.' Some of these ideas can't even be properly tested yet. :ohwell:
Hmmmm, I never knew that. Good point!
I had been hearing on streams that the last few characters we don't have yet are mostly not in due to technical issues. I was initially shocked to hear that Samus wouldn't be in 2.5. I'll be rooting for the PMBR, though :bee:

That'll be awesome if they fix the Tethering issue.

Top Bottom