• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of soVA melee!!! MONTHLIES! get live.

elchkchbrah

Smash Rookie
SSBM TOURNAMENT @ TOWER OF GAMES on AUGUST 14th(SUNDAY)

GOOGLE MAP DIS v v v
1400 Kempsville Rd Suite 132
Chesapeake, VA 23320

FEES
Singles Entry $5
Venue $3
Pot will be split 60/30/10

Attendance: Full set up = TV, cube/wii, memory, and game
COCM: Full set up (txt for info 757 273 6848)
H4X: Full set up
TURD: Full set up
LUKO

Schedule
1.Arrive @ 2pm for set up
2.Friendlies
3.Registration @ 3 , finish up friendlies.
4.Start 1st round @ 3:30
*We have to be packed up and gone by 8pm. If we finish singles at a reasonable time, then we can do doubles*

ROOLZ
1. Be nice or leave, don't get mad, it's a video game.
2. Double elimination
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
WOBBLING BANNED

LVLZ
Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Please be respectful to the venue, it's awesome..a variety of cheap snax and sodas. SUSHI and PIZZA in the same shopping center:).. I will host one of these every 2nd sunday of the month as long as they run smooth and have halfway-decent attendance.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I suggest for the first one: don't hold doubles.

Do singles and then draft crews ^_^

Once the greater SoVa community checks this place out and how the tourney is run, then I would add doubles to the mix. But time constraints are a huge issue. I've had to deal with it before and man...it's never pretty :(

I can't guarantee my attendance but I can guarantee my effort! I can probably bring two full setups with powerstrips [and if I don't make it and Caboose is able to make it + his ride can accommodate the space, then he'll bring em]

and yooooo bitin my tourney series name!

:troll:

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
has there been an actual SoVa tourney since the last revival in 09 before I left?

also: my attendance is not looking so good right now :(
nope. sux that u probably won't be able to make it. :(

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm gonna post in Sypher's thread about this, it's 4 hours away but I might be able to make it and I think a good portion of Sypher's regulars should be able to also

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Also I like how you posted this in Atl South when NoVA has threads in Atl North haha
Although to be fair we don't play SoVA too often xD

Top Bottom