• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Kneebash - Weekly smashfest in Southern Indiana

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Tournament results from Kneebash 2.3:

Project M:
1. Cantus (Shiek, Pit, Captain Falcon)
2. Eseif (Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Fox)
3. Bryan (Bowser)
4. Shonic (Roy, Marth)

Melee:
1. Cantus (Shiek, Falco)
2. Shonic (Marth)
3. Eseif (Fox)
4. Mr. Dr. Samurai (Marth)

Good stuff to everyone who came! The success of our weeklies is continuing and it's great to think that we can always have 8+ people even when a few of the members can't show up. Thanks again to everyone involved!

Last edited:

TMS

Smash Journeyman
For Kneebash 2.4, we decided to try out a special Iron Man Draft Tournament, with special rules regarding which characters could be selected. Each player chose three characters in a 1-2-2-1 format, and if one player chose a particular character, the opponent couldn't choose that character at all. It was a weird kind of mind games that led to a race to pick your mains, as well as keep your opponent's characters away from them. It was pretty fun, but we likely won't do it again. I'm definitely looking to play this way in more friendly matches though.

Results:
1. Cantus
2. Eseif
3. Beneblade
4. Shonic

We also held a bracket for the Smash 4 demo on Nintendo 3DS. Our rule set was one stock, best of five. If no stocks were taken in the two minutes, then percent decided the winner.

Results:
1. Eseif
2. Topple
3. Shonic

Reminder: We stream our weeklies on twitch.tv/xanimaster every week! We might be switching to twitch.tv/evansville_esports in the future, but nothing is set in stone yet.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Kneebash 2.5 Weekly Results; Melee bracket only this time

1. Eseif (Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox)
2. Melee Hell | Cantus (Sheik, Falco, Roy)
3. Shonic (Marth)
4. Beneblade (Sheik, Marth, Fox)

Sorry for playing so lame against you in GFs Cantus. I was in a tryhard mindset and was pretty fatigued at the same time. But with Smashville coming up so soon I thing trying hard is the way to go.

Last edited:

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Kneebash Weekly 2.6 Results. We did a Melee singles bracket only this time. It's our last weekly before Smash 4 is released and we plan on integrating that game in our weeklies next time! We had some new faces this time as well; people that found us through Smashville 2.0. With Smashville 2.5 on the way, we hope to expand our player base in a significant way!

1. Melee Hell | Cantus :sheikmelee::falcomelee::roymelee:
2. Eseif :foxmelee::falconmelee::falcomelee:
3. Beneblade :sheikmelee::marthmelee:
4. Mr Dr Samurai:ganondorfmelee:

Cantus

Smash Cadet
Kneebash Weekly 2.7.5 Results. We did a Melee singles bracket only this time. It's our last weekly before Smashville 2.5 so as a crew we decided to focus more on Melee. We had a lot of people there today as well! Special shout outs to the new guys Alex and ArchAngelGundam as well as a shout out for Don Quixote for coming back. We hope you continue to come play and hang out!

1: Melee Hell | Cantus
2: Eseif
3: ToPple
4: Shonic (Cletus volunteered as tribute for Shombo's last match, so that's worth mentioning here)
5: Drew
5: Beneblade
7: Cletus
7: Mr Dr Samurai
9: Bats/BlakeTheSnake
9: Corey/Trip
9: Alex
9: Don Quixote
13: ArchAngelGundam
13: Educ80r

Last edited:

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for posting the bracket results, Cantus. I've kinda been slacking on it. Here's the results from Kneebash 2.7 from over a week ago. We did a bracket for the newly released Smash 4 for 3DS.

1. Shonic:4marth::4darkpit:
2. Rubica :4littlemac:
3. TopPle :4megaman:
4. Eseif :4dk::4shulk:

Tomorrow is Smashville 2.5, which will have brackets for Smash 4 as well as Melee! It'll be fun to see who comes out on top. See all you guys there!

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
This topic is in dire need of posting.
Here were the results from last Wednesday

Series 3, week 1
1. Eseif
2. Shonic
3. CawRiN
4. Beneblade
5. Foodacris
5. Rubica
7. LOUD
7. Th3 ice king
9. Flat
9. Quantom

Bracket: http://smashboards.com/rankings/this-is-eville-1.4283/

Also there's been some discussion on having a proper ranking system over facebook. Here's my proposal for now:
Use the smashboards point system, however add it up manually here. Otherwise, the rankings will get skewed because, just because you can travel, and have traveled before we used this system, that shouldn't give you an advantage. At least that's my opinion.
Edit: I'm starting to rethink using smashboard's point system as a base. If I'm correct, it glorifies using multiple characters, which I don't think is fair considering most people have a main. If you guys are fine with it though, I'll go for it.

Last edited:

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, we have a plan for this weekly. Sorry for the last minute posting:
As of now, we are meeting in LA 1015 at USI on Wends. If you need directions, feel free to contact me. PM me for my number.
Room opens at 5PM, and we'll have a bracket at 6:30. We are having a prize pot, and the entry fee is $1.

Last edited:

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I think we need a better room for next week's bracket. There weren't enough chairs/outlets for people.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Results from last wends:
1. Seif
2. Shonic
3. CawRiN
4. Ben
5. Topple
5. Flat
7. Rubica
7. Hilter
9. Chuckroast