• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Kneebash - Weekly smashfest in Southern Indiana

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Edit as of 2/11/15

Hey all, welcome to the revival of Kneebash, the Southern Indiana Smash Scene.

We are currently playing on USI's campus, in the LA building room 1015. We play every Wednesday night and usually have a bracket for melee. Feel free to hit me up for more info in the mean time.

Our facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EvansvilleMelee/

Last edited:

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I'm going to this. If as many people as possible can come to this, we can try to crew battle Louisville

Edit: I guess I meant to put the link to the Louisville tourney? Lol. I'll post the link after work

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Weekly update. I'm posting what I can remember from work, lemme know if I get anything wrong and I'll double check the bracket when I get home:

1. Shonic
2. Smerk
3. Josh
4. TMS
5. Loki
5. Jack
7. Henry
7. Jared

I'm still trying to figure out a proper way to do power rankings. I don't feel like its fair to put reneblade as a lower place than me since he is better, since he was busy. If anyone has a good idea of how to calculate placings, let me know.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
I can go if kelly ever goes, other than that you'd have to come to louisville to play geordie, broverdose, and myself lol

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
If you guys do weeklies, and it's early enough(not late o'clock) I could come one week. If someone else here wants to come as well and splits gas that'll make it a hell lot more cheap.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I figured that was going to happen last time but I heard you all wanted housing or something and we obviously can't offer that for like 3-4 people lol.

I can ask if we could host a little smash fest there the weekend after this, I think Nov 2nd? If that works lemee know and I'll try to arrange something

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
That might work. Again, I've got a 2 hr drive, so if it starts at 8pm, and doesn't get over until midnight, that's means half the time is spent driving(and I don't get home until 2am your time).

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, it won't be that late if I can help it, I'm gonna ask if we can have like 6 or 6:30 until 11-12. And if it goes through I'm gonna set up a 2 venue fee just to cover expenses for the venue.

And if we have enough people we can have a Gentlemen's Bracket again!

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
A venue fee is to be expected tbh. Back when we hosted our weekly at a store(back in 09) we had to pay a venue fee. I'll try and see who is available to go when we have our weekly, and hopefully it'll be more than just me lol(last time it was just me and possibly smerk)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
also hi JC Shine Studios :D

thanks, my capture card broke, so the videos may never come back. but if shonic has his, we could get some out maybe

Shonic

Smash Journeyman

thanks, my capture card broke, so the videos may never come back. but if shonic has his, we could get some out maybe
I have a haupauge HD pvr now. I regret getting rid of the dazzle since it only works on HD TVs. May buy a new dazzle though.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
A venue fee is to be expected tbh. Back when we hosted our weekly at a store(back in 09) we had to pay a venue fee. I'll try and see who is available to go when we have our weekly, and hopefully it'll be more than just me lol(last time it was just me and possibly smerk)
Yeah right but last time Kelly made it 5 dollars LOL

601401_553028714745601_1346991805_n.jpg

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I think ours was close to $5. Can't remember because it was so long ago. Obviously less is better though

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Right but he doesn't mind us being there for little smashfests like that, profit only matters to him if we're there for a tourney or something like that.

Dude makes ****ing buku bucks off our tourneys

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
**** sorry. Been meaning to, but I keep procrastinating

1. Reneblade
2. TMS
3. Shonic
4. Josh
5. Loli
5. Jack
7. Jared

I think that's correct, lemme know if that's right. Good **** getting 2nd BTW Elliot. I'll update the rankings later.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Week 4:

1. Reneblade
2. CJ(oldie but a goodie)
3. Shonic
4. Josh
5. TMS
5. Smerk
7. Jack
7. Loli
9. Jared

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Oh don't worry, one of these days I will.

OP has been updated, lemme know if you guys agree with my decision

TMS

Smash Journeyman
That grand finals was tight, yo. Can't wait to improve even more.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Why is there no one who smashes in Southern IN and i lost PEEFS cell and roneblaster isn't playing tonight oh my life.
Shonic is a clear cut 3rd and elliot fourth i've never played tms so idk everyone else is tied.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
@CJ
TMS is Elliot lol.

Results from 2 weeks ago(damn I need to stop procrastinating)

God. Reneblade
2. Shonic
3. TMS
4. Jared
5. Jack

TMS

Smash Journeyman
This thread needs more activity. Are you ever gonna post any more bracket results Shonic?

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone just updating this thread on how the crew crew has been doing and what we've been up to in Southern Indiana. We've held weeklies at UE for the past two weeks and they've both been way better than I imagined. I hope this community continues to grow as we expand our skills. We held a stream last night on twitch.tv/xanimaster and I hope we continue to do so with a better stream layout. Hope some more of yiu Midwest guys will be able tp watch it sometime!

Here's the bracket results from the past two weeks. They've just been free friendly brackets so far, but we're tinkering with the idea of a prize pool in the coming weeks

Last week:
1. Reneblade
2. Eseif
3. Cantus
4. CJ

Yesterday:
1. Cantus
2. Eseif
3: Reneblade
4: w0w Ben (xanimaster)

Can't wait til next week! Unfortunately Reneblade is moving to China so we won't have him around much longer :(

Top Bottom