• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Up Smash tip I found

JustTheTipperR

Smash Rookie
Sup,

I found out a good controller setup to help improve your reverse upsmash. (Some of you may know this but others may not)

So I changed my L shoulder button to jump and have my c-stick set to smash. I'm not sure if this works if you have your c-stick set to attack to use for tilts. But doing this has made reverse upsmashing much easier for me. You simply dash forward, quickly hit the other direction, hit the L shoulder button, then quickly hit up on the c-stick. I find this much easier because it makes it so you don't have to move your thumb from the jump button to the c-stick.

I practiced this going both directions for about an hour or so for 2-3 days and it already feels pretty natural.

I hope this helped some people and let me know if you have any tips that you use.

lanes

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1779-2788-2203
I'm not sure if this works if you have your c-stick set to attack to use for tilts.
am i the only one who just leaves their controller default and just tries to figure out way around it? im usually all for changing controls, but practicing L-canceling for so long i really dont think i could change that.

Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.” ― Charles Bukowski

Pixel_

Smash Ace
am i the only one who just leaves their controller default and just tries to figure out way around it? im usually all for changing controls, but practicing L-canceling for so long i really dont think i could change that.
Depending on your character it can be beneficial to change your controls. For example, if you have tap jump on Yoshi you're more likely to burn your double jump when using Up B (which is really bad in his case because his double jump is like 90% of his recovery).
If you can't get used to optimal controls, whatever you're comfortable with should be fine, though

lanes

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1779-2788-2203
Depending on your character it can be beneficial to change your controls. For example, if you have tap jump on Yoshi you're more likely to burn your double jump when using Up B (which is really bad in his case because his double jump is like 90% of his recovery).
oh yeah, totally. but with me playing puff/pika in melee, and playing melee the most, needing to change the c-stick, shoulder buttons, tap jump, etc, isn't 100% completely beneficial for me.

Top Bottom