• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse fair

Someturtlesaregreen

Smash Rookie
Is there any other use of reverse fair than to lead into the spike from the chaingrab? Does it combo into anything, or could it be used for tricky edge guarding? Rather is it at any time at all, an optimal option?

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
I don't know is its ever exactly optimal because I don't know how well they can DI it. I assume its pretty much just for style in 99% of circumstances, but I have seen PPU do a reverse fair>tipper edgeguard that was probably the most amazing 2 step i have ever seen.

Someturtlesaregreen

Smash Rookie
I don't know is its ever exactly optimal because I don't know how well they can DI it. I assume its pretty much just for style in 99% of circumstances, but I have seen PPU do a reverse fair>tipper edgeguard that was probably the most amazing 2 step i have ever seen.
Style is always the optimal option
Also can you link me to the vid of what you were talking about?

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Reverse fair leads to fsmash edgeguards, as mentioned above. It can also be done out of uthrow on a spacie at around 70%, and can also lead into an fsmash. That's just stuff I've seen.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
drop/platform cancel reverse fair? Actually, I think I'm thinking of drop cancel tipper fair, because that has higher hitlag.

Top Bottom