• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

reverse F Smash

Player01

Smash Journeyman
so i was just wondering if pro marios use the reverse Fsmash(tap control stick in opposite direction of opponent then c stick toward them) for that little extra distance it gets or is it too slow.

it seems to be good to me but i only used it in practice so against a human does it work well?

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes it works very well, it has a much larger reach then a normal fsmash, and I think Mario's stutter-stepped fsmash out ranges Marth's move. I usually use it, you gotta trick your opponent into it most of the time though ;).

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Yes it works very well, it has a much larger reach then a normal fsmash, and I think Mario's stutter-stepped fsmash out ranges Marth's move. I usually use it, you gotta trick your opponent into it most of the time though ;).
well do u have to really trick them? if the opponent is in front of u and in the right situation u could just tap opposite of them and c stick back almost immediately. in practice the extra lag seemed nonexistent.

Matt07

Smash Master
Well most of the time I do, they're usually able to powershield it, and punish me, that's why I find it difficult to land it, and I trick my opponent into it more.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Mm...

Usually I B-Air right in front of the opponent's face, and DI away from them. Then they instinctively go for a shield grab or drop their shield for some other reason, and I slam 'em with a stutter-stepped F-Smash.

People always seem to fall for it, lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Stutter step F-smash is extremely useful. This helps you punish people from a greater distance than usual if they whiff something as you walk away from them.

What's also awesome is Dashdanced stutterstepped F-smashes, which are a bit harder to pull off, but have HUGE range since you first take a step forward with your initial dash animation, and then if you turn around and F-smash instantly after taking that step forward, you will have taken two HUGE steps forward before F-smashing.

Top Bottom