• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

reverse edge cancled fair -> fair meteor

j3ly

Smash Champion
i just started trying to apply edge cancelling into my game, the tech i just mentioned is easiest to perform on dreamlands side platforms, as they are the same length of marios back jump.

how to - on a platform, stand on the end of the platform, facing away from opponent, jump back andc-stick fair holding back the whole time - if done properly your opponent should now be infront and above you, and the fair should be edge cancelled. As a result of the edge cancelling you can fair meteor or nair instantly.

below a platform - stand exactly under the middle of the platform, facing away from the edge u want to cancel, jump, press back, hold back, c-sticked fair. timing is hard to learn but, remeber when l-cancelling seemed soo hard, and now thats 2nd nature to everyone.

final d / edge of main stage - facing away, about the distance of an airdodge from the edge (plug in as player2 on final D and thats the perfect distance) just jump, hold back, keep holding back, c-sticked fair (should be edge cancelled) then jump up lawlessly fast for another. However this is real slow, so wavedashing backwards to get more momentum is good.

As far as i can tell you cannot edge cancel fair and be facing towards the edge - either that or its very hard. someone please look into this!!

possible infinate..? with ec'd dair's on opposite sides of a platform. stupidly hard, but after muscle memory has taken over maybe it wont be? im just blowin smoke here :D

anyways guys.. dscuss!! give eachother ideas!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
LOL i thought this was the marth boards

i dunno **** about mario.

j3ly

Smash Champion
eh? fair is a meteor strike?
was that a question?
fair does meteor for mario, strange isnt it. some of my trainin buddies didnt know that until recently

and i said i was blowing smoke about the infinate man.. for the love of god internet people try to be nice, and supportive and helpful!! :) 's never hurt anyone

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yeah i know it meteors for mario

I thought this said it was part of hte marth boards

which is why i was reaaaallly confused.

j3ly

Smash Champion
oh ok sorry for biting your head off :S

run marthy run to your own boards -_-

Top Bottom