• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Dolphin Slash

Tsukihi Araragi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-1966-0579
OK so I was screwing around a bit and I'm a bit rusty at it. You gotta hit diagonally (sorta, not exactly) opposite the direction your facing + B quickly. I'm not totally used to the 3DS so I end up SBing or DBing instead sometimes.

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
OK so I was screwing around a bit and I'm a bit rusty at it. You gotta hit diagonally (sorta, not exactly) opposite the direction your facing + B quickly. I'm not totally used to the 3DS so I end up SBing or DBing instead sometimes.
That's just adjusting to the whole circle pad control scheme there xD Yeah, this has been a thing in the previous smash games, especially when one wants to recover, but I imagine it just worked better after each iteration. Try inputting the command then quickly tap in the opposite direction and see if that helps you with it (just sorta guessing off of the reverse b trick).

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Thank god, I thought it was removed. However, it doesn't seem to have the same offensive capabilities as before. You can't hit someone in front of you with it.

Doctor Mario has a reverse Up B as well, but his actually hits in front of you (and is only possible to do if you actually hit something)

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Thank god, I thought it was removed. However, it doesn't seem to have the same offensive capabilities as before. You can't hit someone in front of you with it.

Doctor Mario has a reverse Up B as well, but his actually hits in front of you (and is only possible to do if you actually hit something)
It's probably dependent on what frame the hitbox is active for character's up b's. Also nice find with Doctor Mario. I'll have to keep that one in mind xD

Tsukihi Araragi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-1966-0579
That's just adjusting to the whole circle pad control scheme there xD Yeah, this has been a thing in the previous smash games, especially when one wants to recover, but I imagine it just worked better after each iteration. Try inputting the command then quickly tap in the opposite direction and see if that helps you with it (just sorta guessing off of the reverse b trick).
I'm aware. And I'll try that. It works with Lucina too.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
It doesn't hit a lot of characters anymore that are standing in front of you if you reverse it.

Top Bottom