• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Charge Shot

Corigames

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm flooding the board with topics (this is like 3 in one month), but I have to ask if there is knowledge of, a technical term, etc. of the reverse charge shot. Just like the reverse falcon punch, you jump in the air faciong one direction but attack in the opposite. Here is how I did it.

I charge up the shot. Run in one direction and then jump. While in the air, I tap the control stick in the other direction and then fire (not holding > + B, I hit > then released and then hit B). This immediately turns her around and she fires.

I guess my question is, do we already know about this? Is there already a name for it? Does anyone use this but me?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've seen HugS use this in a few of his videos, namely where he goes from grapple -> wall jump -> reverse charge shot.

But I have no idea if there's a name for it, I'm afraid.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
I figured this out some time ago on my own and it is quite useful.

But no I don't think there is a name for it.

I'm almost certain it can be used with any projectiles. Exmp: fireballs, pills, arrows, etc.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You can turn around anyone's neutral B in the air.
Yeah, because of finding this out, my Roy can now reverse B which turns out to be a great help.

As for it not being named... it is just a reverse, so I guess no big woop.

Top Bottom