• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Aether

RoyIke

Smash Rookie
Just like the reverse blazer in melee thier is a reverse aether in brawl for any body who didn't know. the technique is executed the same way as roy's blazer in melee. Speaking on a gamecube controller, immediately after you tilt up 'B' roll the control stick (about 45 degrees) in the opposite direction you facing and nice! you've done the reverse aether. useful for recovery and mind games if you perform it right (true with a lot of characters specials). hope this helps:chuckle:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Um... every character could do this. It's not new.

Roy's was called Reverse blazer because it had a specific effect. The first hit of the up B has a very large amount of knockback (so that the opponent will get caught in the rest of the move, regardless of DI) that is not percentage specific. If you reverse the up B then the first hit connects, but the following hits do not (because you're facing backwards) and thus they get sent very far.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
you can do the same with the eruption. nice for tricky kills. as for the Aether i dont see a point other than an Aether spike.

Zero%

Smash Cadet
this will come handy for mind games and i dinit tough of this before thanks dude. XD

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, it doesn't seem to work when recovering. I just can't seem to rotate quick enough.

EDIT: Does this work for other controllers like Classic?

Top Bottom