• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Reveal full wall during credits

LazyNova

Smash Journeyman
I'm making good progress through the challenges with mostly stuff in the top few rows remaining plus some smash tour stuff (I'll just have to hook up 4 controllers later) and Kirby's appetite (Bleh). Anyways there's one challenge that's low on the page that I haven't gotten yet and I thought would be easier, to reveal the full wall during the credits. I haven't done anything to specifically try to beat it, but I've beaten classic and all star plenty an sometimes I don't fast forward.

How many hits does it take to get 100%? Does it vary by character? Do people actually make custom characters with higher agility or that start with an item to do it? What character and moves do you recommend? I've mostly stuck with air neutrals and up tilts.

EDIT: I just did it with bowser. Just used up tilts when the credits were scrolling horizontally, air down a when they were in vertical columns, and air neutral a when the whole screen is full of credits. Getting an x bomb during the dense parts helps I think. I'm not sure why I was having so much trouble with it before.

Last edited:

xpRo

Smash Cadet
I never realized this until someone else showed me, but when you hit a block, it reveals the part of the picture underneath it. There's no relation to the number of hits.

So hit the blocks while they're moving across unrevealed parts of the picture, then it's pretty easy with all but the slowest characters.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is really easy. I've done it around 30 times and I fast-forward the credits half the time. It usually takes about 200-230 hits for me.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I never realized this until someone else showed me, but when you hit a block, it reveals the part of the picture underneath it. There's no relation to the number of hits.

So hit the blocks while they're moving across unrevealed parts of the picture, then it's pretty easy with all but the slowest characters.
That's exactly how to do it. I didn't even realize what was going on until the third time I went through classic mode and just got the challenge completed last week.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
What's funny with this is that in Wii U, you get the hitstop when you hit names with an attack (which is NOT true on 3DS).

I run a Ganondorf build with a pretty high attack rating for 9.0 (great for grinding Crazy Orders passes, at 5K gold value each), and when you have the credits scrolling vertically, one good DAir at the right time will just make him pause for ages as each name comes up, hits his feet and makes him stop long enough for the next name to repeat the process.

Also fun is the Mushroom/USmash combination, with a similar effect, but more pronounced as you pause for even longer.

Don't feel like it's cheating to use the items that come by. You'll see the item use count rise, but there's no Gold penalty for using them, nor is there a challenge to do it itemless, so it's only for bragging rights.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman

That... explains a LOT.

No wonder it seems like that last 10% went slower than gannondorf with a backfired stopwatch.

D

Deleted member

Be very precise with the hits, sometimes it looks like you hit something in the right spot but you may be actually hitting something else before hand.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I prefer to shoot the credits with a gyro, which collides with the credits and flies up and down. It tends to get half the screen for me, with the added bonus of making it simple to get the last four credits. Of course, I do have to pick it up and throw it again occasionally when it gets stuck, but other than that, it makes the credits a cinch.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I prefer to shoot the credits with a gyro, which collides with the credits and flies up and down. It tends to get half the screen for me, with the added bonus of making it simple to get the last four credits. Of course, I do have to pick it up and throw it again occasionally when it gets stuck, but other than that, it makes the credits a cinch.
Yeah that gyro trick is really good.

I found that Sheik is great at racking up high amounts too, no specific moves but generally she is just speedy as shiz. :p

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace

Holy ****, for the longest time I thought the challenge was asking me to amlessly hit as many blocks as I could LOL.

No wonder I've been getting to 90% and then it seems to just stop, haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom