• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reveal Date Thread: Make yer Predictions! Who's gonna appear when?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
After realizing there wasn't a thread for this, I jumped on it. When will certain characters get revealed? You have to have SOME reasoning behind it (you can't just say R.O.B. is going to be revealed next without any "proof") and no flaming about certain characters. This is a prediction thread, so that means that ANY veteran in Brawl is fair game. Predicting Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Young Link or Pichu can be accepted, if there is reasoning behind it. No talk of cuts in these here parts. I'll constantly update this first post with anniversaries, game releases and such, as well as commonly-thought of release dates to allow us to speculate.

BEGIN!

List O' Veterans: (14 Veterans Revealed)

Mario (Revealed 06/11/13)
Link (Revealed 06/11/13)
Samus (Revealed 06/11/13)
Kirby (Revealed 06/11/13)
Pikachu (Revealed 06/11/13)
Yoshi
Fox McCloud (Revealed 06/11/13)
Donkey Kong (Revealed 06/11/13)
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Luigi (Revealed 08/07/13)
Bowser (Revealed 06/11/13)
Princess Peach (Revealed 09/12/13)
Ice Climbers
Princess Zelda
Sheik
Falco Lombardi
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Mewtwo
Roy
Pichu
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Meta Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Pit (Revealed 06/11/13)
Wario
Diddy Kong
Captain Olimar (Revealed 07/12/13)
Ike
King Dedede
Lucas
Red the Pokemon Trainer
  • Squirtle
  • Ivysaur
  • Charizard
R.O.B.
Lucario
Wolf O'Donnell
Toon Link (Revealed 09/26/13)
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog (Revealed 10/1/13)

Newcomers:
Mega Man (Revealed 06/11/13)
Villager (Revealed 06/11/13)
Wii Fit Trainer (Revealed 06/12/13)

Noticeable Patterns:

Brawl Veteran, 64 Veteran, Melee Veteran (Olimar, Luigi, Peach, Toon Link) (BROKEN by Sonic)
Nintendo Direct Reveals (Villager & Mega Man, Luigi, Sonic)
1 Per Month (Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar, Luigi, Peach) (BROKEN by Toon Link)
By Series (Luigi, Peach, Toon Link) (BROKEN by Sonic)

Possible Release Dates:

10/13:
Sonic (CONFIRMED)
R.O.B.
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pichu
Ice Climbers

11/13:
Yoshi
Diddy Kong
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link

12/13:
Diddy Kong (?)
Dr. Mario
Ice Climbers

1/14:
Wario

2/14:
Falco
Wolf
Diddy Kong

3/14:
Falco
Wolf
Wario
Zero Suit Samus

4/14:
Falco
Wolf

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Theories:

Diddy Kong:

According to many people, Diddy Kong will likely be revealed around November. Looking at information about Donkey Kong Country, a late November to early December release is most likely. As most people guess, Diddy Kong could be revealed around the release date of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. According to both Super Mario Wiki AND Wikipedia, the game will be released December 6th, 2013 to the USA. However, there is even a closer date to November than Tropical Freeze: The 19th Anniversary of the original Donkey Kong Country, Diddy's first appearance. The game, released Nov. 25th, 1994 to the USA and the 26th to Japan, it's very likely that he could be revealed on one of those dates. So, the range for Diddy's reveal is possibly Nov. 25th to December 6th. It's very likely he will be revealed on the 6th to coincide with Tropical Freeze, but may be revealed a week earlier if Sakurai breaks the pattern and reveals him Nov. 25th or 26th.

EDIT: Tropical Freeze has been delayed to February. This means that Diddy Kong is more likely to come around in February now. November is still likely due to the anniversary of Donkey Kong Country, but a December reveal may not happen.

Yoshi:
Yoshi is the oddball out of this group; looking at his upcoming games, there are no big announcements made yet about the release dates of both Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi's New Island. However, there are some anniversaries this year that may give Yoshi a chance to appear. October 4th is the 18th Anniversary of the original Yoshi's Island, so we may see Yoshi sooner than expected, but this is debatable. November 21st, however, is the 23rd anniversary of the release of Yoshi's first appearance in Super Mario World. To add to the list, Spring 2014 will see Mario Kart 8, a game featuring Yoshi, giving him a slight chance to appear there. However, it's more likely that Yoshi's NEW Island will arrive shortly before Super Smash Bros. 4 releases, and Yoshi will be revealed then.

R.O.B.:
Thanks to a certain Smashoperatingbuddy123, we have some information on when R.O.B. might be revealed. Oct. 18th, 1983, the NES came out. It's been since 30 years, and I believe R.O.B. is the best option for that date. This is definitely an option, since both of R.O.B.'s games were also released on Oct. 18th, and R.O.B. helped make the NES the success it was. Although it's not the first character mentioned as an October character, R.O.B. is the second most likely October reveal now, of course assuming the inevitable Pokemon release.

Wario:
Many people believe we'll see Wario around the release of Mario Kart 8, considering he's the only "Mario" character still left to be revealed (besides Yoshi, who MAY be revealed to coincide with Mario Kart 8, but is highly unlikely). January 21st marks the 20th anniversary of the Wario Land series, starting on the Game Boy, and March 21st is the 11th anniversary of the WarioWare series, starting on the GameCube. Both of these are a bit earlier than most people predict, but with it being the 20th anniversary, we may see Wario come in to start off 2014 possibly alongside another character if we get more than 1 that month. The possible range for Wario is January 21st (a Tuesday) all the way to March 21st (a Friday), giving us roughly a little over 8 weeks of difference. It's still highly likely we'll see Wario in January, though.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dates to Remember:​
2013:​
Oct. 4th: 18th Anniversary of the American Release of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island; (Yoshi still not confirmed)​
Oct. 12th: Worldwide Release Date of Pokemon X/Y; (Sakurai still loves to surprise us and ruin hype)​
Oct. 18th: 30th Anniversary of the NES;​
Oct. 25th: North American Release Date of Wii Party U;​
Oct. 27th: 19th Anniversary of Panel de Pon;​
Oct. 29th: North American Release Date of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures;​
Oct. 31st: Japanese Release Date of Wii Party U;​
Nov. 8th: North American Release Date of Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games;​
Nov. 21st: 23rd Anniversary of the Japanese Release of Super Mario World and F-Zero; 16th Anniversary of the Japanese Release of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; 27th Anniversary of Japanese Release of Punch-Out!!;​
Nov. 22nd: North American Release Date of Mario Party: Island Tour & Super Mario 3D World; North American Release Date of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds;​
Nov. 23rd: 16th Anniversary of North American Release of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time;​
Nov. 25th: 19th Anniversary of the North American Release of Donkey Kong Country;​
Nov. 26th: 19th Anniversary of the Japanese Release of Donkey Kong Country;​
2014:​
January 21st: 20th Anniversary of the Japanese Release Date of Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land;​
February 21st: 21st Anniversary of the Japanese Release Date of Star Fox;​
March 9th: 18th Anniversary of Japanese Release Date of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars;​
March 19th: 30th Anniversary of Japanese Release Date of Super Metroid;​
March 21st: 11th Anniversary of Japanese Release Date of WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$!;​
March 23rd: 21st Anniversary of North American Release Date of Star Fox;​
March 29th: 12th Anniversary of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade;​
April 20th: 24th Anniversary of the Fire Emblem series;​
April 27th: 17th Anniversary of Japanese Release Date of Star Fox 64; APC99's Birthday (C'mon, Sakurai...)​
Unknown Release Dates:​
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (February 2014)​
Mario Kart 8 (Spring 2014)​
Yoshi's NEW Island (2014)​
Yarn Yoshi (Who knows?)​
Kirby for the 3DS (2014?)​

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What about the usa anniversary of the nes on october 18th luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario brothers dream team

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Huh, never thought of that. Funny thing is, I was expecting you to come in at some point and give me a date for R.O.B. Thanks, smashoperatingbuddy123! I'll add that to the OPs.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
October 11: Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon X and Y)
October 29: Sonic (Sonic Lost Worl, with a possible trailer)
November 22: Zelda/Sheik (Yep, both, maybe not on the same day, but the anniversary of OoT and LtBW release are in November. Expect Zelda on the 22)
December 6: Diddy Kong (Tropical Freeze)
December 25: Ice Climbers (Our Christmas Present: Fits in the Christmas Theme)

D

Deleted member

October 11: Mewtwo or Jigglypuff
October 18: R.O.B. or Ice Climbers
October 24 or 29: Sonic
November 22: Zelda
December 6: Diddy Kong
So much to consider, so little time. I'm taking in Anniversaries and Release Dates of upcoming games. I am unsure if we will get a character tomorrow. (probably not)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok for the Nes anniversary part there are other characters that are possible besides ROB

Here are the following that could get this part if there is a character revealed for this

Duck hunt dog
Ice climbers
Mach Rider
And who evers possible in this http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb_release.shtml

But ROB however is the only one with 2 games and only 2 games games released on that day in usa so as long as it is not jigglypuff and if there is a character revealed for this most likely ROB

(Because if its jigglypuff a user may be on to something about a pattern it went brawl -> 64 -> melee -> brawl if jigglypuff is confirm next thats a 64 and that maybe the pattern for veterans but unlikely due to newcomers that are starters)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
2013:

Pokemon Trainer (October 11th, Pokémon X & Y worldwide release)
Jigglypuff (Maybe October 11th, won't hold my breath though)
R.O.B. (Maybe October 18th, won't hold my breath though)
Sonic (October 24th, Sonic Lost World JP release) <- Sakurai says **** this.
Zelda (November 22th, A Link Between Worlds NA release)
Sheik (November 22th, A Link Between Worlds NA release, likely Zelda reveal, OoT anniversary)
Ice Climbers (December? Winter n' stuff)
Dedede (December? Christmas n' stuff)

2014:

Wario (January 21st, Wario Land 20th anniversary)
Diddy Kong (February, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's release)
Marth (April 20th, Fire Emblem anniversary)
Yoshi (Yoshi's New Island's release next year)
Meta Knight/Dedede (Kirby 3DS's release next year)

No Guess, throw these guys in on the 12th of random months:
Ness
Captain Falcon
Falco
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Ike
Lucas
Lucario
Wolf

Nintendo Direct reveal:
Snake

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I'm guessing that Ice Climbers will hopefully be revealed around 30th of January/January when the game Ice Climber was released onto the famicon in 1985 if Sakurai is doing some sort of date theme like how Peach was revealed around the same date as Super Mario Bros was released.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Double post

Weel we might need to rethink this

Because sonic is confirmed for smash bros wii u/3ds and is also the 4th character with a trailer

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ah, I'll update that later, I'm busy working on VEX Robotics stuff with my partners. I think they found out I'm secretly on Smashboards.

(notices they're behind me.)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Going to vote the following for October

Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, ROB, Ness

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
After seeing Sonic's reveal today, I feel that another variable to keep track of are Nintendo Directs. They'll announce a character in accordance with a game, like Luigi and Sonic, but they'll do it much sooner than people expect.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
After seeing Sonic's reveal today, I feel that another variable to keep track of are Nintendo Directs. They'll announce a character in accordance with a game, like Luigi and Sonic, but they'll do it much sooner than people expect.
Which means jigglypuff or mewtwo or pokemon trainer or lucario can be revealed anytime

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ok for the Nes anniversary part there are other characters that are possible besides ROB

Here are the following that could get this part if there is a character revealed for this

Duck hunt dog
Ice climbers
Mach Rider
And who evers possible in this http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb_release.shtml

But ROB however is the only one with 2 games and only 2 games games released on that day in usa so as long as it is not jigglypuff and if there is a character revealed for this most likely ROB

(Because if its jigglypuff a user may be on to something about a pattern it went brawl -> 64 -> melee -> brawl if jigglypuff is confirm next thats a 64 and that maybe the pattern for veterans but unlikely due to newcomers that are starters)

I'm saying that it's more likely a veteran would be revealed that date, as Sakurai seems to want to keep most of the newcomers secret, if there are any more besides the 3 shown off at E3. Ice Climbers do have some merit to them as being a possible characters, but I'm not sure if Duck Hunt Dog or Mach Rider are going to be revealed as newcomers on that date. As for R.O.B., as I stated he jump-started the video game business with both of his games, and helped the NES sell. Although Ice Climber was released that day, it's impact wasn't as great as Gyromite and Stack-Up. So, if we do get a reveal the 18th, chances are it'll be R.O.B. Not counting on it, but it is a possibility. Time to work on the next analysis!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm saying that it's more likely a veteran would be revealed that date, as Sakurai seems to want to keep most of the newcomers secret, if there are any more besides the 3 shown off at E3. Ice Climbers do have some merit to them as being a possible characters, but I'm not sure if Duck Hunt Dog or Mach Rider are going to be revealed as newcomers on that date. As for R.O.B., as I stated he jump-started the video game business with both of his games, and helped the NES sell. Although Ice Climber was released that day, it's impact wasn't as great as Gyromite and Stack-Up. So, if we do get a reveal the 18th, chances are it'll be R.O.B. Not counting on it, but it is a possibility. Time to work on the next analysis!
I agree R.O.B could get a special case i just thinking about ice climbers because they are starters

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ok i'll guess some...

October: Jiggly puff or pkmn trainer. R.o.b

November 3: Lyn November 22nd Zelda/sheik

December: ice climbers or king dedede or any non released vet

January: Wario

February: Diddy Kong, or whoever the 4th "kong" is (might be King K.), later in the month possible falco/krystal/wolf.

March 22nd Palutena (yoshi?)

April: Marth, later in the month Ike

May: Little Mac (although he could be shown at e3 because the JP release date is in june...possibly leak conformation?) May 22nd possible Pac-man unveiling.

June: e3, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk.....mii

I think characters like isaac, takamaru, and saki would probably be not revealed and be unlockables. imo

Of course the game could be released in the summer but if its in the winter than expect Ness and Captain Falcon in July.

and possibly the rest of the months Aug-Nov could be any vet/newcomer (isaac, takamaru, saki?)

Oh yeah almost forgot yoshi, he'll probably be unveiled upon new island's release, so maybe in march or whenever it realeases. And that goes the same with MK/king dedede upon Kirby's 3ds release.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Everyone should also keep in mind that Sakurai takes the holidays off- When it was the Brawl Dojo I think it was no updates between Christmas Eve until like January 2nd

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
All I be 100% sure about is that someone Pokemon related will be revealed on October 11th.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i found out something but does not change anything

Remember the question why did sonic get confirmed so early

Well pac man ghostly worlds comes out october 29th the same day sonic lost worlds comes out in usa

But just a coincidence

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well i found out something but does not change anything

Remember the question why did sonic get confirmed so early

Well pac man ghostly worlds comes out october 29th the same day sonic lost worlds comes out in usa

But just a coincidence

If you notice, it's in one of the OPs already :). I'm a Pac-Fan as well, so I put it there purposely to give some people hope :).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Mewtwo in a week or so
Zelda when Link Between Worlds gets released
Bowser Jr. when 3D World gets released (in a 3D World Direct imho)
Diddy + Dixie when Tropical Freeze gets released
Yoshi when New Island or the WiiU game get released

For now this are the ones I think they'll go for

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
3D World Release Date (JPN) = Toad

Pokemon X & Y = Red/Pokemon Trainer

Panel De Pon's release date (October 27nth) = Lip (Just for kicks)

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I was thinking October 1st = Little Mac, but that theory's been killed already...

I guess Little Mac could still happen on November 21st, or, you know, whenever they want because they don't seem to care about the release dates usually

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was thinking October 1st = Little Mac, but that theory's been killed already...

I guess Little Mac could still happen on November 21st, or, you know, whenever they want because they don't seem to care about the release dates usually
Whats happening november 21?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thanks for all the information, guys! I'll add it to the OP!

EDIT: Wow, Super Mario World, Ocarina of Time and Punch-Out!! all share the same Japanese release date (different years, of course). Possible Nintendo Direct revealing Yoshi, Little Mac and Zelda? :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i coulden't find it i decided to check for game and watch anniversary's but theres no date but all i got is the year

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Oct.12-->Pokemon trainer/Mewtwo(awakened form)
Dec.12(maybe)-->Feb.Diddy kong or Dixie Kong
Feb.15(im just guessing with this one >_>)King Dedede/Meta Knight or maybe a newcomer
January 20-->Zelda/Ganondork(or Sakurai again might say "F THIS ITS SUPRISE TIME!!"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oct.12-->Pokemon trainer/Mewtwo(awakened form)
Dec.12(maybe)-->Feb.Diddy kong or Dixie Kong
Feb.15(im just guessing with this one >_>)King Dedede/Meta Knight or maybe a newcomer
January 20-->Zelda/Ganondork(or Sakurai again might say "F THIS ITS SUPRISE TIME!!"
Ok how many times do we have to tell you people awakened form would be the final smash classic mewtwo would be the playable in normal state normal playable state

Mewtwo form(s) stay until the battle is complete but in the movie a short time each time he uses it

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ok how many times do we have to tell you people awakened form would be the final smash classic mewtwo would be the playable in normal state normal playable state

Mewtwo form(s) stay until the battle is complete but in the movie a short time each time he uses it
No flaming.

Top Bottom