• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reuniting the Ph1r3 - Roy Player Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Username/Tag:
Palette Preferred:
NNID:
Facts About Yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
don't understand what this thread's about but i'll fill the form o.o

Username/Tag: Arikado
Palette Preferred: Gold, Pink, Dark Purple/Black
Location: Currently Kuwait, possibly going to move between Dublin and Kuwait often.
Competitive or Casual: mostly competitive
NNID: ArikadoSD
Facts About Yourself: -

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Username/Tag: Macchiato
Palette Preferred: Pink
Competitive or Casual: Competitive
NNID: Macchiato94
Facts About Yourself: I really like Sriracha Mayo and Coffee

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Username/Tag: CyberHyperPhoenix.
Palette Preferred: All except blue.
Competitive or Casual: Both, mostly Competitive.
NNID: Kusanagi15.
Facts About Yourself: Would rather use Roy in both Melee and Smash 4.

Last edited:

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Tag: SてOナ
Palette: Blue boy
Competitive: yah
NNID: Lolazerz
Facts: I go to weekly tourneys and place alright, I also main Roy in melee which is a lot harder than Sm4sh.

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
Username/Tag: Ecchin
Palette Preferred: Green or Red
NNID: Generic_Panic
FC: 4785 - 7739 - 4494
Facts About Yourself: One of our spanish boys ;)

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Username/Tag: Adom
Palette Preferred: Red
NNID: Adom15510

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422

Tag: DreadFighter
Palette Preferred: Red
NNID: NewerLuigi
Facts About Yourself
: I enjoy Fire Emblem which was introduced to me by Smash back in the Melee days

Username/Tag:
Royvolution Ream

Palette Preferred:
Default in Melee & Brawl Minus and sometimes Red and Gold. Red = out for blood, Gold = super saiyan. I'll change color in brackets depending on my mood and it does indeed affect my play.
Blue (FE6 concept art Roy) in Project M.
Blue (Eliwood) in Sm4sh.

Competitive or Casual:
Competitive

NNID:
CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek
(it's actually MasonEliwood)

Facts About Yourself:
Fire Emblem has been my favorite series since 2010.
I was exposed to Fire Emblem characters in Melee and Brawl, but I wasn't really introduced to Fire Emblem until I received a copy of FE7 in 2010.
I finished the series in Summer 2013 with Gaiden and Thracia.
In Summer of 2014, Robin and Lucina were revealed. Robin was my #1 wanted likely newcomer.
This Summer, Roy was revealed and released. He was my most wanted character for Smash.
Swimming and Mountain Biking also make Summer the best.
I look forward to Fates just enough to buy a copy, but I may skip SMT x FE.
I'm really excited for future Smash DLC, no matter who or what gets in.
As a true Fire Emblem fan, I love Roy despite some thinking that people only like him because of Smash. Detractors have a lot of inconsistencies and hypocrisy when they bash Roy, and he's nowhere near the worst lord. I would take him over a handful of lords gameplay-wise and most of them personality-wise.
I supported Roy a lot in the Legacy Thread here.
Brawl Minus Roy is my favorite due to completely decloning him.
I enjoy playing Roy in Melee the most despite his shortcomings.
I strongly prefer Marth over Roy in PM, and I play both of Marth's green costumes. I like the differences in PM's air game and Brawl-specific tech on Marth.
I play both Marth and Roy in all currently relevant titles. I play 64, but I don't know who I want to main, so I leave my 64 main here blank.
I love Roy's new luigification and design in Sm4sh, and I can't wait for his amiibo, especially after how good Mewtwo looks and how good my OG Marth amiibo looks.

:pimp:

Last edited:

Paint

Smash Rookie
NNID
Paintah
Tag: Paint
Palette: Red, Green
Competitive: yeppers
NNID: Paintah
Facts: I TO weeklys in my area, I live for coffee, I has children, I want to get better to beat the best players in my area.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Username/Tag: Captain Sa10
Palette Preferred: Green/Black
NNID: kyokusho12
Facts About Yourself:

- Veteran smash player since the beginning of melee where I was an avid Roy and Marth player. I was very active during the early stages of Brawl and mained Wolf during my time. I also contributed to the metagame by helping the Wolf community form various Wolf tactics and AT's that paved the way for future Wolves to further his standing in Brawl.

I eventually took a break from smash and focused more on other fighting games (as well as college). I then dropped out of the FGC in 2013 and focused more on my career goals/future endeavors. Upon the announcement of smash 4 I became more interested in the thought of returning to smash with the intent to be competitive again. Despite the roster not having much appeal at first, I stuck it out with Marth and Shiek until Roy's release.

On an additional note, I'm an avid fire emblem fanatic. I've played them since Rekka No Ken/Fire Emblem all the way to the latest (Awakening). Never back tracked any further then Sword Of Seals, but thanks to Shadow Dragon I didn't really need to go any further. Can't wait for Fates

Username/Tag: Captain Sa10
Palette Preferred: Green/Black
NNID: kyokusho12
Facts About Yourself:

- Veteran smash player since the beginning of melee where I was an avid Roy and Marth player. I was very active during the early stages of Brawl and mained Wolf during my time. I also contributed to the metagame by helping the Wolf community form various Wolf tactics and AT's that paved the way for future Wolves to further his standing in Brawl.

I eventually took a break from smash and focused more on other fighting games (as well as college). I then dropped out of the FGC in 2013 and focused more on my career goals/future endeavors. Upon the announcement of smash 4 I became more interested in the thought of returning to smash with the intent to be competitive again. Despite the roster not having much appeal at first, I stuck it out with Marth and Shiek until Roy's release.

On an additional note, I'm an avid fire emblem fanatic. I've played them since Rekka No Ken/Fire Emblem all the way to the latest (Awakening). Never back tracked any further then Sword Of Seals, but thanks to Shadow Dragon I didn't really need to go any further. Can't wait for Fates
Genealogy and Thracia are wonderful games.

Gaiden is pretty cool, it has some major flaws (the EXP system and needing grinding, the only mode making grinding less needed requires an input code which is a problem when it only influences EXP) but I still love it. It has traditional RPG elements like towns, treasure chests, and infinite use gear. It has some unique features like third-tier promotions (before Radiant Dawn did it), Villagers having branched promotions, a world map, monster encounters, spells that use HP rather than durability, spells learned by level, having one equipment slot per unit that rings/weapons/etc. go in, limited unit revival which lets some units switch sides, and some other stuff.
It's worth checking out.

I recommend checking them out during the wait for Fates, unless you want to save a good Fire Emblem itch until then.

Tails2Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tails2Link
Username/Tag: Tails2Link
Palette Preferred: Standard Color for our boy!
NNID: Tails2Link
Facts About Yourself: I've literally beaten every single Fire Emblem and have been a fan of the series since my first FE: Path of Radiance(aka Path of the Blue Flame). I've also been maining Roy since Melee so his absence in Brawl was quite unfortunate but as I have dedicated myself to being skilled with all the characters from the series, I got the hang of Ike's style in both Brawl and Sm4sh as well as refining my tipper game with Marth. I'm also one of those few that doesn't view Roy as a bad unit in his actual game.

Cjgarmani T.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cjgarmani
Username/Tag: [ECB] Cjgarmani
Palette Preferred: It really depends but I mostly use the Black/Purple Alt
NNID: Cjgarmani
Facts About Yourself: I'm inspired by games, gamers, and game developers

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Username: Gawain
Palette: Red Forever
Competitive
NNID: Gawain
Facts About Yourself - Come play with me in person and find out! Hope to see some folks at Evo! And not just for Smash!

Username: Gawain
Palette: Red Forever
Competitive
NNID: Gawain
Facts About Yourself - Come play with me in person and find out! Hope to see some folks at Evo! And not just for Smash!
CO is right next to Utah. Maybe I'll be down at some point.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Username/Tag: SilentDoom
Palette Preferred: Gold, Black
NNID: Silentdo0m
Facts About Yourself: Top Monado Boy UK. Love me some animating. Forever keeping it classy.

Liyrex

Smash Apprentice
Daein (Or Albany, NY whatever makes more sense)
NNID
Liyrex
3DS FC
3265-5244-3896
Username/Tag: Liyrex or STR_Liyrex
Palette Preferred: Blue Ph1r3
NNID: ViridianRaven3
Facts About Me: Just Challenge me, i love the game and dont care if youre better i just wanna play friendlies.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
Username/Tag:HoodsxX
Palette Preferred:Normal
NNID:NanhouDrops
Facts About Yourself
: I enjoy learning new things from the Roy community and getting myself out there in my scene one day soon. :D

Miley

Smash Cadet
Username/Tag: Cream Soda
Palette Preferred:

Competitive or Casual: Competitive in terms of how often I play and go out to tourneys whenever I can. Casual in terms of actual skill
NNID: SwagBBC
Facts About Yourself
:
I have no special skills. Fairly average at everything I do, regardless of how long I do it or how hard I try. Mediocre person, mediocre life

Username/Tag: Cream Soda
Palette Preferred:

Competitive or Casual: Competitive in terms of how often I play and go out to tourneys whenever I can. Casual in terms of actual skill
NNID: SwagBBC
Facts About Yourself
:
I have no special skills. Fairly average at everything I do, regardless of how long I do it or how hard I try. Mediocre person, mediocre life
Swag big black ****?

Hickz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hickz_31
Username/Tag: I use several tags. Scantony, Dontrill, LeMonjello, O'Ranjello, Hootie, and Chadakiss are a few
Palette Preferred: Black
Competitive or Casual: Casual
NNID: Hickz_31
Facts About Yourself:

-I'm a competitive person, who plays this game casually. I don't attend tournaments, but I watch what's uploaded on YouTube
-I like to pressure both onstage and offstage, which often leads me to SD in lag :p
-I love going Marth vs. Roy (I'll play either character in this MU)
-I favor the sword characters in this game
-Looking to play other Roy players and experience their play styles. Send me a FR if interested. Just say "Roy Smashboards"

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
Username/Tag: My name is Eloy, and that's how I'm known in the Spanish community. Here Eloy was already picked, so I'm using Nelkoy —my Steam username—. Usually I used 'Eloy' or just 'E' as tag, but now I'm maining Roy probably I will swap to 'Ph1r3' or something like that :colorful:
Palette Preferred: Violet (the one of my avatar).
Competitive or Casual: Competitive mostly, but I found free for all without items and in normal stages funny too.
NNID: I haven't Wii U lol.
Facts About Yourself: I started playing Smash in Melee, where I used to use Roy for 1vs1 and Ganon for free for all. I fell so hard in love with Roy in Melee. He was actually the first char I ever played in a Smash game. When Brawl came out, a couple of friends and I start to play it and I was very disapointed because Roy wasn't in there. We didn't play Brawl too much, we get bored soon so we all swap to Project M, where I start playing competitive seriously. When I played Melee I didn't know about ATs and stuff like that, so everything I know I learn it from PM. When Smash 4 came out, my friends and I swap again to the new Smash game and, well... here I am (:

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
Username/Tag: Flukey
Palette Preferred: Every color....except the original :colorful:, most used is gold
Location: Mexico, Baja California (sombreros, arriba, tacos, Donald Trump...ok i'm done with stereotypes)
Competitive or Casual: Competitive in terms of how i play, i don't go to torneys or anything like that
NNID: NOPE Wii U
Facts About Yourself
: I usually use characters with a little bit higher skill cap, thisis my first rush character i use

Last edited:

Blue_Edge

Smash Rookie
Username/Tag: Blue_Edge
Palette Preferred: Baby Blue
NNID: GreninjaMaster50

I would like to play Roy dittos pretty soon If anyone is up for it.

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Username/Tag: FullOfGore
Palette Preferred: That swaggin purple/black one
NNID: Scardonian
Facts About Yourself
: I say competitive but I mostly enjoy friendlies and learning new stuff from better players. Am learning to be a games designer myself.

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
Username/Tag: ConsummateK
Palette Preferred: Blue/White
Competitive or Casual: Competitive (or trying anyway)
NNID: ConsummateK
So, I have a tournament coming up with my friends. I got my ass kicked last time and that CAN NOT happen again. I've been practicing a decent bit (something like 300 FG matches and quite a few level 9 10 stock fights against their mains) but I just had some friendlies last night and it felt like I didn't progress at all. If there are any solid Roy's out there that wouldn't mind tutoring me a bit I would be forever grateful.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Username/Tag: Chalice
Palette Preferred: Regular/Gold
Competitive or Casual: Trying to be competitive
NNID: Tenkenjin
Facts About Yourself
: I played lots of Melee and Brawl as a kid. Going into college in a few days. Athlete in Taekwondo and won the fighting portion, so I'm National Champ

shotgunraptorjesus

Smash Rookie
Username/Tag: shotgunraptorjesus
Palette Preferred: Black/Zephiel
NNID: marknutt69420
Facts About Yourself
: Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo franchise other than Smash
Fates is gonna be hella baller
N O H R B O Y S 4 L Y F E

Last edited:

Sora66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sora66
Username: Sora66
Palette preferred: Red, Fire baby!
Casual or Competitive: Competitive
NNID: Sora66
Fact about Yourself: I am the biggest fan of the Kingdom hearts franchise. Can't wait for Kingdom hearts 3!

AbirdZero

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbirdZero
Username/Tag: AbirdZero
Palette Preferred: 2, 4, 5
Competitive or Casual: I use the set Timer & Stocks, but some of the stages I play on would be considered illegal for Tournament use, so Both?
NNID: AbirdZero (I don't have a WiiU) 3DS FC: 182216410313
Facts About Yourself: Super Smash Brothers 3DS introduced me to the Fire Emblem series, as SSB4 is my first SSB game.
My only FE game is Awakening, I hope to get Fates
I secondary Fox
------------------------------------------
Despite my Mii's name having "Zero" in it I am not connected to ZeRo in any way and if I were to enter a tournament, I would go by the name Abird (As for that's the original name, I added Zero because of my love for the Mega Man Zero series)

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Username/Tag: Hockeyfan44
Palette Preferred: Default
Competitive or Casual: Casual
NNID: Shockwv478
Facts About Yourself
: At first, didn't understand the fuss over Roy, but since he was brought back, I now know why. He's just a blast to play as.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
why is everyone using bold? I'll use it too anyway though cus I wanna fit in with the cool kids (insecurity intensifies)

Username/tag/ LotadAlittle
Preferred palette: Blue, bruh
Location: South east England (No smash scene within about an hour of where I live :drsad:)
Competitiveness: wut r u casul? (competitive)
NNID: BillyWhizz
Facts about me: As you can see, I tend to ramble... a lot. Sometimes I just wake up and decide to play 6 hours straight of smash. Love FE so much rn. I'm a filthy memelord. I make stupid Fire Emblem mashup songs on my youtube channel sometimes (Youtube link is in my signature... I think). If I could have any char for DLC then it would be Zero (megaman x), no doubt about it, then probably Toon Zelda. If I could have quite literally any (as in... any) char I want for DLC other than Zero it would be Lute from FE8, I just really like Lute.

I'll verse just about anyone who offers any friendlies to me because, again, no local smash scene. I main Tink and secondary Marth and Roy. I'm not too sure I I'm actually good at Roy, I get good results on FG but that might just be my fundamentals so I'd like to verse a good Roy. If you wanna verse me then message me on SmashBoards (click my name then click "start a conversation") or Skype me, I check both regularly.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Tag: Arcanus.
Palette: Everything but pink,
Casual or competitive?: Somewhere in between.
NNID: BGenius.
Facts about me: I main Mario and Rosalina mostly, but I play a little Roy on the side. I like chocolate.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Username/Tag: Tino
Palette Preferred: Default
Competitive or Casual: Both, mostly casual
NNID: FaustinoRojo10
Facts About Yourself: I work full time making $500 a week. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite Nintendo franchise. Rosalina is my favorite Mario character ever. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom