• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Returning to the ground?

RWB

Smash Ace
Anyone have a tip on this? Air dodges and counters are both options(possibly Side Special in some cases), but a lot of good players will bait them. Is any of Mac's aerials solid enough to use for this(to throw opponents of their game).

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
This should probably be posted in the Q&A Thread, but I'll reply here still.

His Neutral Air isn't a great option, but from my experience, depending on the match-up it's not an unheard of option either. From what I know, it's his best Aerial. Fast-falling into either Neutral Air or Counter directly to the enemy has actually proved useful to me multiple times, often catching them off-guard and baiting them to either attack your counter or simply stand there unprepared for a neutral air. Granted, the "standing unprepared" option is dependent on the player and their skill-level most of the time, but the fast fall to counter has really helped me a lot. Reading your opponent plays a factor in this though. Also, fast-falling air dodge is a good alternative to fast falling counter ><. Other than these options...if you're directly above, I believe these are about all the move options you have, unless you want to take the chance of using Side-B to get distance to the side of the opponent right before reaching the ground.
This is just what I've noticed from my game play however, and it fits my play style. Hope it may give you some ideas ><.

Another idea is to use Neutral-B to give yourself super armor while falling to the ground. I 100% haven't had the chance to test this yet, and idk if it would work this way. Just an interesting theory that came to me xD I'll try to test this out as soon as I get the chance.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
VI to the opposite direction as opponent(distance yourself)..use his insanely fast fast fall.He has little to no recovery frames once he actually touches the ground so once your feet hit that dirt your are essentially free to move.If you are being juggled dair,counter or Nair to get them off you.

Top Bottom