• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return of WATO 2! - Well, Another Tournament ON! - Melee + PM - July 6th, 2013 - Orlando, FL

Ronnoc

Smash Rookie
Anyone from the Tampa Bay area gonna go to this? Also, I'm completely new to the tourney scene, and especially the scene here in Florida. Anyway you could give me a bit more info? Like, is it literally at your house? Will new players be judged at all? Should I come if I'm looking to meet new people and get better at smash? Also does it cost any? And one last question, is there a FB group that I can be invited to for the Florida area?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Anyone from the Tampa Bay area gonna go to this? Also, I'm completely new to the tourney scene, and especially the scene here in Florida. Anyway you could give me a bit more info? Like, is it literally at your house? Will new players be judged at all? Should I come if I'm looking to meet new people and get better at smash? Also does it cost any? And one last question, is there a FB group that I can be invited to for the Florida area?

Yes, you are more than welcome to come. It's at my house. Players from Orlando show up and bring TV's and consoles to play on and I run a tournament using my laptop. I've done this for a couple of years now.

For house tournaments I usually charge $5-$10 a person to enter my house. Paying that gives you entrance into the singles bracket as well.

Here's a very relevant FB group. Everyone who's involved in Florida Melee is part of it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138478079554384/?fref=ts

Ronnoc

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much. I requested to join the group and I'll see about making it to this little tournament.

Shirou12

Smash Rookie
I think im interested in going as well :) Im also new here and to the tournaments. I live in lakeland, but im sure i could make it there.

Top Bottom