• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retro Gameboy Black and White Pokemon Trainer confirmed!

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
It's true, but I don't know how much I'll like it, I like colors, I think it's kind of a waste and slacking off to throw in a colorless alt for PT, they just don't feel like recoloring the trainer and his Pokémon very many alternate colors.

But the Dojo also said each character would have around 6 alternate colors choices, but for the PT, we only know of 4, there's got to be something we don't know about, if not, then PT only having 4 color variations will be very disappointing...

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i'm sure he'll have green red blue black and white and shiny for sure the only question is the last one how about yellow?

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
trainer will obviously have colors that relate to all of the pokemon games
yellow
blue
red
gold/silver
retro
emerald/ruby (shiny)

there thats 6

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
I think the retro one would be great. it would show the greatness of the old pokemon games and bring it back. But, first things first, pictures of this awesomeness must be shown.

Also, i think there should be shiny version of them. that would be cool.

Edit: What is this Whobby 2008 in which you speak of?

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
The color was confirmed at whobby, but it doesn't seem like there are any pics of it. I'd like to see a pic before I judge what it will look like. Like is the PT all pixelated like on the gameboy, and what about the pokemon? This kinda seems strange.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
trainer will obviously have colors that relate to all of the pokemon games
yellow
blue
red
gold/silver
retro
emerald/ruby (shiny)

there thats 6
Wouldn't retro count as the same as red, lue and yellow :\..

The alt colours definitly do not relate to their games. And the only alt colours confirmed as of now are green, red, blue and retro.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Heres some news. . .was this cut from the game? I have seen final game vids of people showing the colors and theres no B&W color nor is there a shiny Char:(

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Heres some news. . .was this cut from the game? I have seen final game vids of people showing the colors and theres no B&W color nor is there a shiny Char:(
I am thinking other colors are unlocked after beating Classic, or All-star with that character. This has been done in other fighting games before. Kinda dumb to cut out colors..

raok

Smash Rookie
Actually it's just the trainer's hat and suit is white and the pokemon are white at certain parts. I wished they were black & white like on the gameboy.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
not really... I mean... I've been playing PT all day... (well... him and zelda) the black and white outfit has some gold in it too... it looks more like they were going for the dark look than the retro look.... regardless, it's the outfit I use

Crackerz

Smash Rookie
im of lookin for a pic. there better be shinies. and hey should have done diffrent outfits from each game for this, and the 2 girls from the last two. i think that makes 6.

Top Bottom