• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retreating Fsmash

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not. But I was allowed to play Brawl for 15 minutes, was having to study...and I think I found something, if it is not common knowledge.

well here is the just I started dashdancing bored stuff ya know...then I did three retreating Fmashses, I'll explain soon, stay with me for the moment. I kept experimewnting and I think this might be useful.

So9 here's what I did:

Say you're facing left, so very quickly you on the analog stick you go: Forward, Back, Firward, then C-stick forward. So I did this 8 times in a row, and I notice I was backed up about a 4th of FD. So then I was like wow...this is really cool.

So did anyone know about this?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I think I know what your talkin bout but I am not sure if I am thinking of the same thing you are. hmmm

Chaco

Never Logs In
It was alike dash dancing with Fsmashes in it...but it brought you away from your enemy. o_o

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, use the instruction I put up there, it just looks like dash dancing with an Fsmash in it....

Chaco

Never Logs In
And DP but, I think I found something with the DR to. It was like like a double DR, he barely went off the ground and cancelled then stayed on the ground and cancelled getting good slide range. But couldv'e been something elkse...I just was practicing DR's.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Okay I just did it 5 times and it seems to me that it would be a good mind game because if you are pivot grab happy in a match they can expect a grab when you are dashing but instead you turn around and Fsmash them sounds cool and useful to me.

One problem though TRIPPING.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah I thought it was very useful, but I did it a load of times and never tripped, not saying you won't though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Pretty much, except this is performed, waaaaay faster.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
isn't the DR like this, except better? Also, this might just be stutter stepping =\

bigman40

Smash Master
lol just noticed that? idk about it. I find it decent against roll happy players if you can't hit them normally, but for the most part, the turning lag, can screw up if done wrong. but I'll test when I get the chance.

Chaco

Never Logs In
lol just noticed that? idk about it. I find it decent against roll happy players if you can't hit them normally, but for the most part, the turning lag, can screw up if done wrong. but I'll test when I get the chance.
Alrighty. and LOOL

Top Bottom