• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Restructuring of the Smash Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just so you guys know, I will be restructuring the Smash Lab very soon. Almost every thread will be locked (temporarily) and most projects other than the frame data project will be placed on hold. New members will be admitted very soon, and I will be ASSIGNING 1-2 characters per Frame Data Gatherer to complete within a set deadline (likely a week or a week and a half per character). Also, TheBuzzSaw, the newest SWF admin, is helping me out by making a website for you guys to enter the frame data into. This website will display the frame data in a far easier to read format than what we had before, and it will even have other features as well. When the site goes public, we'll hope to do things like have frame data comparisons in certain matchups; like showing all of Snake's possible attacks after shielding MK's Dsmash in terms of the frame data. Basically, different ways to play with the frame data and help all types of people get a more thorough understanding of the game with the numbers we provide them.

The Smash Lab has been unproductive and inactive for far too long. We have very few members as it is, and we need to actually do something to prove our worth. Hopefully you guys can pitch in where it counts, and make the Smash Lab into what it was meant to be from the very beginning.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Can you make the web site have fields for the launch speed constants as well? (Three constants are enough to describe every move, labelled g, b, c for variable launch speed and b0, s, c for fixed launch speed.) Something I'd like to do in the future is update my knockback program so that you can actually pick any real move and simulate it so having that data already in a database would be useful.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yes, but that would likely be added later on. For now we need to focus on one thing at a time, and frame data is the most important.

Levitas

the moon
When are things gonna pick up? The inactivity here is disheartening, and I've already collected half my assigned frame data and will have no problem finishing up as soon as something happens.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm working as hard as I can. I have to juggle several web projects at once, but the Online Smash Lab Repository is on its way. (OSLR?)

Levitas

the moon
a nosering is uncomfortable a humiliating. Now if we could make that in theform of a suppository...

Thanks for that post, the inactivity here was starting to screw with me.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Honestly, this is starting to get depressing. Do we have plans to get going in the near future? I'm sure we can do things before the site is up if it isn't ready yet.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I have assurances that by this weekend we'll be getting a working, early version of the website, and the we'll be able to sweep the board clean of anything unnecessary. Once the wipe comes, we will also process new entries, and send a PM out to every member. We will be assigning people to do the frame data of specific characters, to be completed within a week and a half (for each character). Frame data takes priority over everything else right now.

Buzz also informed me of his ideas for a larger overall project for the Smash Lab that I absolutely love. So hopefully we can get started on this ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom