• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Restoring Wii after 20xx

Svvagcube

Smash Cadet
Good evening,
I used to have 20xx installed on my Wii (so that I could load it straight from a USB Stick). This meant that I couldn't load GC games through the discdrive anymore.

Now I am trying to restore my wii's ability to run Gamecube games, I was told to replace the ios I switched out to play games from USB. Can someone guide me through said process?

I "reseted" the wii to the factory-new state and installed HBC - thats how far in I am right now.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
There was no need to do the factory reset. All that does is wipe save files and channels.

To remove Dios Mios, the only thing you should need to do is install RVL-BC-v6.wad and RVL-mios-v10.wad. If you don't have those, you can use a PC program called NUS Downloader to get them.

Svvagcube

Smash Cadet
Yeah the factory reset, in retrospect, wasn't such a good idea.

Is it the same procedure for both PAL and NTSC consoles?

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
yea... you just need to resintall mios-v10.wad

its that easy.

but strangely enough certain gamecube game discs seem to run fine on my wii

Top Bottom