• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest Punish

Corona_SSB

Smash Rookie
So this does more damage than a charge shot and you can charge up before you do it, anyone else have better alternatives? I saw barbie do this a while back, and wondering (as a puff main, is the up smash sdi able?) and is there any better options I should watch out for b/c this does a hella ton of damage

https://youtu.be/Qxi5fAYQ6KQ?t=637

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
this is not guaranteed, upsmash is easily DId out of
You may not be familiar with how up smash operates, at lower percents the lower outer section of the first hitbox (if samus is facing right it would be the bottom left area of the first hitbox that comes out, If you hit an opponent there, they will be unable to SDI Out of the up smash. The lower end of the first hitbox should it connect, which in this scenario is by the dair, the hitstun pushes them directly into the middle or right at the lower end end of the following hitbox that comes out of the up smash. They cannot sdi right because that is the largest subection of the hitbox which pushes them away, they cannot sdi up out of it as a result of hitting the lowest of the 2 hitboxes which pushes them to the harder hitting higher hitbox of the first hit, which also knocks them to the left continuing on the attack. And they cannot just sdi away to the left as a result of getting hit by the final hitbox of the up smash which puts them in tumble and guarentees a well spaced tippered bair if the % is correct/low enough. The same was I used upsmash here, you can use to punish a peach dash attack under 15%, and a fox/faclo that are standing on a platform at low percent to full hop fair l cancel into pivot up smash... or on fod just go for the upsmash lol (@04:06:45) and again (@04:06:58) http://www.twitch.tv/uconnsmash/v/18067969

also @04:01:55, pretty cool AI dsmash on top platform

@03:27:10 I have a different use of upsmash vs Slox but pretty damn effective helping me do a quick 0-death

Last edited:

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Man the Samus player in that video looks like a buppy ;3

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Your guess is as good as mine.. It's like a sarcastic insult? I dunno me and my brother coined the word and we still don't even know. Only true buppies know the meaning.

Litt

Samus
Your guess is as good as mine.. It's like a sarcastic insult? I dunno me and my brother coined the word and we still don't even know. Only true buppies know the meaning.
this is the kind of useless spam **** that irritates me, we arent buddies, we have had a rocky past and you want to just waste space calling me a name you yourself don't even know. I've said it a billion times and ill say it again, when you see a post of mine just think before you comment please, do not post if it is to contribute absolutely nothing to discussion aside from poking the bear. Perhaps every time you want to hit that juicy fruit colored post reply button after you ramble out some crap on your keyboard, don't hit it, close the window... and the next time you on smashboards, think.... HARD.... does this comment provide value in anyway shape for form, even questions can provide value, but your previous post no... nothing what so ever and you wonder why I did not and continue to not like you.

Last edited:

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
this is the kind of useless spam **** that irritates me, we arent buddies, we have had a rocky past and you want to just waste space calling me a name you yourself don't even know. I've said it a billion times and ill say it again, when you see a post of mine just think before you comment please, do not post if it is to contribute absolutely nothing to discussion aside from poking the bear. Perhaps every time you want to hit that juicy fruit colored post reply button after you ramble out some crap on your keyboard, don't hit it, close the window... and the next time you on smashboards, think.... HARD.... does this comment provide value in anyway shape for form, even questions can provide value, but your previous post no... nothing what so ever and you wonder why I did not and continue to not like you.
Didn't read lol. Skimmed and decided to do better things with my life ;3

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
yet you never do that when you want to contribute nothing but crap to a post, go find a hole and jump in plz (stay there)

Litt

Samus
thanks for the info Litt Litt ill try to incorporate that.
Works against most dash attacks on shield at very low percents on too if you up smash OoS, especially a peach dash attack, they love throwing those out

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
thanks for the info Litt Litt ill try to incorporate that.
something cool i have been working on incorporating, is at mid percents, instead of a missile into charge shot. Ive been using a bomb into up smash into tipper bair, and depending on the stage gets the kill for the punish. The bomb works like peaches turnip for armada like punish and the hitbox of the bomb pushes jiggs into the last hitbox of the upsmash which links to the tipper bair

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Dude you aren't even wrong Darkain ****ed me into oblivion.

mervis you dash attack his shield like infinity times

why
Honestly that was just all around a horrible match for me. Darkrain trashed me so badly that when I asked him for advice he responded with "Yeah Samus has a pretty good UpB out of shield". He destroyed me so bad that he thought I was a scrub (Well I mean.....)

Last edited:

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Litt Litt you should show me this stuff on netplay lol, also how do u place the bomb, above them? then ff down and upsmash? or do u do like a bomb jump to waveland?

Litt

Samus
Litt Litt you should show me this stuff on netplay lol, also how do u place the bomb, above them? then ff down and upsmash? or do u do like a bomb jump to waveland?
Ya sure, kinda difficult since im always on a different alt on netplay since im banned. whats your tag and ill message you when im on and see if we cant find some time. As for the bomb placement, walk up to puff as close as you can, full hop bomb and DI in front of puff so the bomp will land next to puff but not hit her, so you can then land and up smash immediately so the bomb explostion hits her and then the last hit of up smash will follow if spaced correctly. You wanna do the up smash with your back towards puff right up in her businesses

Litt

Samus
mervis you dash attack his shield like infinity times

why
He obviously had better things to do than formulate strategy or figure out other ways to use samus other than dash attack, he is clearly a very busy man.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Well if i take out the time to write a thorough response you just say TLDR, so i dumbed it down for you and gave you enough time to mentally prepare for a response
You mean you actually considered me before you went off on a Barbie rampage? I knew I would grow on you eventually! :)

Litt

Samus
You mean you actually considered me before you went off on a Barbie rampage? I knew I would grow on you eventually! :)
No i just didn't insult you this time... you just didn't take the time to read it

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
No i just didn't insult you this time... you just didn't take the time to read it

Don't be so coy Barbs it's ok to like people!

Top Bottom