• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest out of tumble

The_Burn

Smash Rookie
So I've been trying to get the rest out of upthrow upair against fox or downthrow knee against falcon and I can't seem to figure out how this works.
I've tried frame advance and it seems like (rest out of up throw up air) doesn't work at 0%, so I'm wondering if anyone knows the percentages that these work, or if there are any tricks to getting it down.
I understand that you don't actually need to wiggle because you can just use B moves out of tumble.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
So I've been trying to get the rest out of upthrow upair against fox or downthrow knee against falcon and I can't seem to figure out how this works.
I've tried frame advance and it seems like (rest out of up throw up air) doesn't work at 0%, so I'm wondering if anyone knows the percentages that these work, or if there are any tricks to getting it down.
I understand that you don't actually need to wiggle because you can just use B moves out of tumble.
It isn't really percentage based. Resting an Upthrow Upair is based on how far the fox overshoots the Upair. This is obviously easier at zero where new foxes might double jump rather than single jump for the first upair.

It's almost the same with Downthrow knee, but more with spacing. If falcon spaces correctly, a rest will never be an option, if you notice a falcon overshooting his knees and hitting you while he's inside you, try throwing out a rest next time he does it.

The_Burn

Smash Rookie
It isn't really percentage based. Resting an Upthrow Upair is based on how far the fox overshoots the Upair. This is obviously easier at zero where new foxes might double jump rather than single jump for the first upair.

It's almost the same with Downthrow knee, but more with spacing. If falcon spaces correctly, a rest will never be an option, if you notice a falcon overshooting his knees and hitting you while he's inside you, try throwing out a rest next time he does it.
ah alright that makes alot of sense, do you know of any other scenarios where this could be applied as well?

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
ah alright that makes alot of sense, do you know of any other scenarios where this could be applied as well?
The only thing I can think of is resting a really slow, and misspaced ariel from Ganons downthrow. It's not really useful in tourney unless you see they are pretty late to their throw followups.

Top Bottom