• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest Glitch vs Charizard and Bowser - Found the cause!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

So my friend stumbled upon this, and thought "that shouldn't happen"

After some research, he found out that if you try to Rest Charizard or Bowser as they're using fire breath (and hitting something), Rest will not send them anywhere.

Like such:

This obviously shouldn't matter in singles, but it can come into play in doubles, situationally (I see no reason it can be beneficial to a Puff-Zard team xD) so watch out for that, and don't try to punish fire breath with rest without watchin if they're hitting somethin~

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Have you tried seeing if this happens in the air? Looks a lot like it just meteor smashes them.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
What the... Really? Good to know. Now I'm curious as to whether or not anything else triggers this glitch, though I'm sure more of us would have noticed something by now if that were the case.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
it could be something advanced that when they are doing the fire breath animation, there either go to "In Air state" on ground or have their collision bone higher up.
when rest hits them it quickly changes everthing back to normal. since now the game register that they "are on the ground" when they would fly away, making them hit the ground without bounce.

Top Bottom