• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest combos?

Mars-

Smash Champion
I'm going to start playing a bit of puff and I want to know some rest combos. I already know the up throw rest combo, so don't need to mention that.

BTW Phanna nice seeing you again.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
no replys here o.O

hmm ok "lets gooooo"

- utilt rest -> probably jiggz best rest combo works on almost every
character depending of the percentages
- usmash rest
- bair/fair rest in the air
- shffld fair rest
- (reverse) nair to rest -> king has a thread on this (search is disabled , sry no link)
- pounbd to rest
- dair to rest -> phanna has a thread on this
- edgecanceled aerial rest -> phanna [...] thread [...]
- uair rest (in the air or shffld)
- up b to rest OLOL

hmm im tired now (its midnight in germany)

Sliq

Smash Master
Also, tech chace rest is pimp. Just do the good ole' run towards them WD back when you see fit, and watch. If they roll towards you, depending on their roll size, either rest in place or adjust for distance. Also, getting someone on a platform and then following their tech is another way to do it.

Also, duck grab rest works well on taller characters.

I understand that these aren't combos, but they are still rest tactics.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
heres my input on this!!!!

down throw rest, up tilt rest, up tilt 2x sleep, SHFFL up air rest, SHFFL up air up tilt rest, SHFFL backwards neutral air sleep, SHFFL forward air rest, crouch cancel there dash attack sleep, high jump back air L cancelled up air rest, high jump back air up air up tilt rest, Side B rest, side b up air sleep, down air L cancelled rest, down air Lcanceled up tilt rest, down air Lcanceled up tilt up air rest, WOp to rest, and most importantly PUNISH chars that dont L cancel with rests, and heres a few more
FOX and FALCO- if your good enough at it you can rest a falco in the beginning of his up B and his side B
the main thing is timing, this rest is hard to pull off but with practice can be done with
ease dont expect to get it right away..... but when you do the reward for knowing you just
pulled of the rapest rest and lookin at the falco or foxes face after you do it...PRICELESS!!!

Metà

Smash Master
I love getting multiple U-airs into a rest, on fast fallers. It feels so good to get multiple hit rest combos. The 2 hit standard rest combos are easier and more reliable, but getting a solid 5 or more hit combo into a rest is awesome. Btw, I'm not going to list any off, you just have to improvise (and maybe hope your opponent messes up their DI, lol).

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I like linking bairs/fairs/nairs/dairs to utilts to rest. It works great =)

Also, reversed nair or fair to rest is very sexy.

sabo182

Smash Rookie
The Lazy Rest

Against fox or falco (it works 100% of times if used correctly at 0% to 5% of damage):

I dunno if has been discovered, i like to call it THE LAZY REST

Uthrow+Utilt (2 to 6 times) +jump+rest = instant kill and an angry oponent(lol)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Just about every rest combo can be DI'ed out of, some much more easily than others. A lot of the time they have to be DI'ed INTO to have a possibility of working.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
another good tactic i try but its not very reliable is tech chase rests.... but wen u pull em off its awesome

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
On the subject of Rest combos, I must ask - is it possible to practice getting/setting-up/completing up-air juggling combos against CPUs? For some reason, I seem to be slow at getting the hang of things... (Still can't WOP for **** x_x) and with opportunities to play good opponents few, I was wondering if there's some level of CPU that simulates a human to the extent that I could use it to practice on...

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
On the subject of Rest combos, I must ask - is it possible to practice getting/setting-up/completing up-air juggling combos against CPUs? For some reason, I seem to be slow at getting the hang of things... (Still can't WOP for **** x_x) and with opportunities to play good opponents few, I was wondering if there's some level of CPU that simulates a human to the extent that I could use it to practice on...

definitly not ...
you have to play humans .
The only thing you can practise is technical stuff like shffling uairs to rest
(if you cant shffl yet). But you cant simulate human di or reflexes with cpu.

Top Bottom