• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Respawn Invincibility

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
There are many ways to use this to your advantage.
There are also many ways to... not use it to your advantage.

Some common things are:
Going in for a hard-read (Smash Attack/Gerudo/Stomp, etc.)
Moving in and trying to shut down as many options as possible, or applying pressure (SH Uairs/Nairs, etc.)
Moving in on your opponent and try to get a reaction from them > punish.
Focusing on getting/keeping the Stage Control.

Discuss

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I find ledge trump bair is usually a good option, most players go to the ledge to gain invincibility of their own anyway

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I guess it's autopilot but if I can I just go for the grab into whatever throw into doom. Kosk is right about ledge trump since I tend to gain invincibility that way. But Ganon is so slow the invincibility is usually over before he gets to the ledge to do the trump and they can attack you if they read that. Wizkick into ledge cancel ledge trump (damn that name is long) seems useful in theory so I'll try that if they do it. It covers alot of options in theory.

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I usually just warlock punch out of the gate, I´ve never been punished for it and it scares people, not on :battlefieldb:, :lylat: or Dreamland64 though

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I find ledge trump bair is usually a good option, most players go to the ledge to gain invincibility of their own anyway
Pretty sure I did this to you a few times lol. I think both of us are fans of using ledge invincibility to wait out respawn invincibility.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
One funny thing you can do when the opponent has Respawn Invincibility, is to Warlock Punch with SA if they go for a hard-read semi-charged Smash Attack.

If you succeed, you can really feel how stupid they feel.

(friendlies only!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom