• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Research, Observations and Conclutions

Wolf4Evah

Smash Rookie
I was doing some research the other day, on wolf move kill percentages. I will display it below. All percentages are approximate, on mario, centre of FD, Sweetspotted, fresh. I made some observations and conclusions, as well (some of which are obvious).

First Jab, Second Jab, AA: These moves will never kill.
Third Jab: ~240%
AAA: ~235%

F-Tilt: ~195%
D-Tilt: ~250%
U-Tilt: ~135%

F-Smash: ~150%
D-Smash (Front): ~115%
D-Smash (Back): ~125%
U-Smash: ~125%

N-Air: ~175%
F-Air: ~145%
B-Air: ~135%
D-Air: ~185%
U-Air: ~185%

Blaster (The Bayonet): ~550%
Side B: ~200% (From the edge of FD to the opposite side)
Down B: Never (Set Knockback)
Up B (sideways: ~200%

My conclusions:

1. D-Smash is indeed wolfs earliest, and probably best, kill move.
2. B-Air continues to be amazing (third earliest kill move when fresh).\

3. People shouldn't ignore U-Tilt and U-Smash. They give wolf off the top options. U-Tilt comes out one frame earlier than D-Smash, has one frame longer hitbox, and ends 38 frames earlier (due to the back hit on D-Smash). It also has a lot more vertical range and similar horizontal range. For U-Smash, Its 3 frames slower than d-smash, but has longer horizontal range both ahead and behind you, and ends 24 frames earlier. Both U-Tilt and U-smash also kill at comparable percentages to D-Smash.

4. D-Tilt also shouldn't be underestimated. Sure, it has no knockback whatsoever, but it comes out in four frames (tying N-air and back air, and beaten only by his jab), has good horizontal range, and can lock. It also ends fairly quickly, and can poke the feet on large characters. Also, since it doesn't move them anywhere, you could conceivably A, A, D-tilt, into two more jabs. Oh, and after a reflector hit, the four frame advantage is just enough to D-Tilt (and the down-B knockback is perfect for it).

5. Don't be afraid to Side B on stages like battlefield. You can go through the platforms and kill rather early.

6. Also, N-Air can be used to kill in interesting ways, because it comes out in four frames, and the first hit has decent knockback.

My thanks to The WBR's guide to wolfs moves for frame data.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I would have assumed this was made already, but regardless, good job.

On a side note, it would be really interesting if someone made a "around" kill percentage for moves offstage. For example, nair kills very well after a DJ offstage, it's very sexy. Someone should definitely do that as well...

Wolf4Evah

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm going to add more kill percents. Specifically against light and heavy characters, and decay percents.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Some notes...

Bair is usually stale. Usmash and Fsmash are easily DI'ed. Dsmash is fairly hard to land on some characters depending on Nair. So Fair is probably the most reliable KO move. At least keep in mind how stale your other options are and keep at least one option fresh...Dthrow on the edge is good against characters with bad recoveries, especially if they don't have their double jump (i.e. GnW).

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Without his double jump, Dthrow kills him at around 200. Its still inadequate compared to others.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
All of this is already known, but you did a great job nonetheless :) However, the frame data in the WBR guide is off by a bit (we messed up the first time around, check in the directory for the fixed frame data) and we have kill %s from a while ago (see this old guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164483&highlight=guide)

I agree with pretty much all of the points you've made though :) But one question... dtilt locks? Really? I never knew that...

:059:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
All of this is already known, but you did a great job nonetheless :) However, the frame data in the WBR guide is off by a bit (we messed up the first time around, check in the directory for the fixed frame data) and we have kill %s from a while ago (see this old guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164483&highlight=guide)

I agree with pretty much all of the points you've made though :) But one question... dtilt locks? Really? I never knew that...

:059:
Against walls like on Delfino, PS1, and RC yes dtilt can lock for a good 70-80% but it has to b stale by a certain percent too

Top Bottom