• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Requesting a video

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hello 64 crew.

So, I'll be the first to admit, I know very little about Smash 64. What advanced techniques are included, the ruleset, so on and so forth.

However, I know that 64 events are still being streamed and what not. I'm making a big push for all of the games under the smash umbrella to have short 2-3 minute videos displaying what advanced techniques are in the game, short blurbs on the ruleset, etc. to help expose these games to wider audiences that may be introduced to competitive Smash for the first time.

Would a few of you be up for helping script and maybe bring this to fruition?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hello 64 crew.

So, I'll be the first to admit, I know very little about Smash 64. What advanced techniques are included, the ruleset, so on and so forth.

However, I know that 64 events are still being streamed and what not. I'm making a big push for all of the games under the smash umbrella to have short 2-3 minute videos displaying what advanced techniques are in the game, short blurbs on the ruleset, etc. to help expose these games to wider audiences that may be introduced to competitive Smash for the first time.

Would a few of you be up for helping script and maybe bring this to fruition?
I could probably do this. Is there a deadline for it?

B Link

Smash Lord
s2j did this already (but with no ruleset info) -- to be honest, there are a lot of vids out there that explain ssb64 advanced techniques

as for rulesets...you can just search up the rulesets lol

But a new and improved vid could definitely be warranted

and including rulesets would be useful since that is like #2 on the most commonly asked question list by new players

LLDL

Smash Hero
My quality is beyond that of a super saiyan. I'll see what I can do

The Star King

Smash Hero
Most of 64's universal ATs are also in Melee so yeah (z-canceling, short hopping, teching, dashdancing, pivots), with some differences (z-canceling basically acts like an aerial wasn't done while Melee l-canceling halves landing lag, wall and ceiling techs do not exist, pivots do not stop momentum and do not require a frame perfect input like in Melee).

Top Bottom