• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Request] Possible to Change G&W SideB to a charge attack?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
As in no charge would yield the number 1,
7 frames of charge would yield the number 2,
56 frames of charge would yield the number 9

I ask something similar of Link's UpB

But I suppose then a new start animation is needed as well as a hold and end @__@ ah and I doubt we can or know how to add new subactions.

Thanks~

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
As in no charge would yield the number 1,
7 frames of charge would yield the number 2,
56 frames of charge would yield the number 9

I ask something similar of Link's UpB

But I suppose then a new start animation is needed as well as a hold and end @__@ ah and I doubt we can or know how to add new subactions.

Thanks~
We only know how to charge A attacks. Id suggest looking here http://smashboards.com/threads/new-melee-syntax-school-you-can-write-character-commands-now.402587/ and checking out characters that can charge b attacks to try to figure something out.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
We only know how to charge A attacks. Id suggest looking here http://smashboards.com/threads/new-melee-syntax-school-you-can-write-character-commands-now.402587/ and checking out characters that can charge b attacks to try to figure something out.
All charge B characters have a start-hold-end 3 set animation that ask for continuation control.
Creating subactions would be required for that and references to link each to the other. The video you showed me, everything in it can be done in crazy hand btw so I'm not sure why that person preferred hex edits. Either way, it doesn't tell me whether or not I can add lines (aka add new subactions).

@__@ thanks for responding to my not-so-common posts so far XD

I can try looking at it more on my own for now for sure

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
All charge B characters have a start-hold-end 3 set animation that ask for continuation control.
Creating subactions would be required for that and references to link each to the other. The video you showed me, everything in it can be done in crazy hand btw so I'm not sure why that person preferred hex edits. Either way, it doesn't tell me whether or not I can add lines (aka add new subactions).

@__@ thanks for responding to my not-so-common posts so far XD

I can try looking at it more on my own for now for sure
Ive been adding stuff to other files so as long as you follow the format and change the pointers it should probably work.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Hex editors can do more stuff, and Itaru's probably more comfortable using one because he's been doing this stuff for a long time.
You're right; they can >.>'|l

Ive been adding stuff to other files so as long as you follow the format and change the pointers it should probably work.
I'll check it out then through hex editing if that's the case and report my findings

Top Bottom