• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request for custom skins

permafros7

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is the right place, but I was wondering if I could get a custom Lucario skin and a custom Wolf skin with appropriate CSPs/BPs/etc... Looking at something that would thematically fit my tag to start.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so what do you want? The less complex your request, higher the probability that someone can do it.

permafros7

Smash Cadet
A frozen and dark style for both of them with midnight blue as an accent color. Kind of like Arctic Ops Kennen/Varus from League and Shockblade Zed, for reference. I hope I explained it well enough.

Narpas_sword

Maybe provide some pictures of the sources? Colours etc?

Most requested things don't get done as they're rather hard models that people want, but a simple recolor might be done for you.

Recoloring is fairly easy to learn too, if you wanted to do it yourself.

Narpas_sword

Recolor = open the file with brawlbox.
Find the texture image.
Export it.
Open the image with a photo manipulation application. (gimp is a decent free one).
Change the colours you want.
Save.
Import it to the costume.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
These are going to be recolours? Or do you want new objects on them? Anyway, there used to be a bunch of recolouring projects on kcmm. You could try looking for one that matches what you want. Either ways, recolouring is really simple. It's when people want new objects and stuff that things become difficult.

permafros7

Smash Cadet
I did search for recolors on brawl vault, however I didn't find any that particularly resonated with me. Currently I use red Lucario/blue pirate Wolf. As far as I see it, I don't feel a need for objects to be added, except maybe shinobi attire for the Lucario one.

permafros7

Smash Cadet
That alone takes it from easy to fairly time consuming.

What is blue wolf missing colour wise?
Have you tried opening up the costume file to look at the textures?
I personally like blue pirate wolf's design over regular blue wolf. However, I would like a more...personal skin. Furthermore, I'm not completely set on anything more than recolors. I was simply contemplating the idea of it. However, since I would like to have the skins at my college's end of semester playoffs, I'll pass on anything more than recoloring for now.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
ok this was really lazy, and i havent really done any characteres, but this literally took me 5 min:

This kinda what you were looking for?

permafros7

Smash Cadet
Well I'd personally prefer a darker blue with white/grey as primary/secondary colors (maybe vice versa) then blood red as an accent color. However, I personally don't like the gicario skins. Tbh its really artificial. Nothing against you, it's just the gicario skins just look weird IMO.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

have you given it a shot yourself?

Lucarios textures are fairly simple.

If you get brawlbox and open up fitlucario01.pac you can open the texture node and look at the different sheets youd need to recolour.

permafros7

Smash Cadet
have you given it a shot yourself?

Lucarios textures are fairly simple.

If you get brawlbox and open up fitlucario01.pac you can open the texture node and look at the different sheets youd need to recolour.
It's moreso I do not see myself as able to pull off the design I want from an artistic standpoint (like make it look coherent and whatnot). I had to do studio art from 7th to 11th grade and I nearly failed one year (also I never really liked any of my work turned out).

Narpas_sword

The problem is that it's also hard for others to interpret what you want exactly and make it look coherent to you. Others also don't have the same investment in producing something you like.

Give it a go, you will probably enjoy it. I and many others can help with techniques and feedback once you start.

Top Bottom