• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reported?

Greenpants

Smash Cadet
So I'm playing 1v1s last night. And I play a largely uneventful game on a fairly poor connection. I lose the game.

After we get back to the lobby the other player changes his name to "reported u" and then leaves. What's that about? I didn't even know it was a thing...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know you could change your name

D

Deleted member 269706

Seriously none of you knew about the reporting feature?

@OP hey don't worry too much about it. If anything, Nintendo will monitor your play for a few matches and that's it. As long as you aren't idling, not attacking, SDing, or targeting specific players (in FFA or 2v2) you'll be fine. Though I doubt they'll even go that far. They probably wait for a few reports to show up on the same player, and THEN take action. And they are aware of the jackasses who falsely report, so there's no need for you to be worried.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It's quite rare, but I'll come across people who do that as well (Typically in Free for Alls).

Personally I just take it as someone being overly salty at someone else and hopes reporting will be a way to get back at them. I wouldn't put any thought into it if you didn't do anything wrong though and played the game like it's supposed to be played. Sometimes some people might just be really report happy over anything. Just don't sweat it.

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
This happened to me and now a few days later I find myself having to wait 10 mins+ to find a game in For Glory mode and playing the same people over and over again who keep changing their names to "BANNED" etc. so I believe there might be a purgatory area for players who have been reported a lot and I am somehow in it.

It has been happening to me for about a day now and is frankly ruining my online experience. I received no notification, nor have actually done anything wrong other than play as an annoying character to play against (I play as Link and use projectiles a lot), so am used to people moaning at me through the name tags.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Greenpants

Smash Cadet
I haven't got that far yet but I feel like Nintendo takes this **** way too far. Playing with my friend today we had to idle out 4 times because there's a glitch using one pro controller and one GameCube where it switches P1 and P2 profiles and FUBARs your controls (he had no jump button and everything else was mixed up for both of us). it was unplayable so either we sit there for two minutes or time out...and then get penalized for it. They should take action on constant quitters, etc but what they have for that is already good enough.

WinnerByFall

Smash Rookie
Recently I haven't been able to connect to opponents in the 2v2 lobbies. The only online gameplay that will work is 1v1. A couple months ago I experienced the same problem but then it fixed itself. Do you think its cause I've been reported. Anyone know how to fix it?

Top Bottom