• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replays - Deleting Update Data

Dewett

Smash Rookie
Has anyone tried deleting update data from their system in order to (hopefully) recapture old replays? My capture card has yet to arrive and I'm too chicken to try myself before I back up my replays.

Rhode

Smash Rookie
NNID
ricobullet
If you have updated your game, deleting the update data will cause your game to give a "data is missing, please reinstall the update data" and return you back to the home menu.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
^^^
Probably impossible to do unless you hack of some sort.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you have updated your game, deleting the update data will cause your game to give a "data is missing, please reinstall the update data" and return you back to the home menu.
A similar dilemma also occurs with Smash 3DS, except for that you'll be playing a new game that never saves. And of course, all fighters would have their pre-1.0.4 update attributes.

Once the newest update is redownloaded, you'll be able to access your game data again.

Top Bottom