• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replacing in/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, so question. If you were mafia game less, and you wanted to play a game, and could only replace in, how would you do it perfectly?

What do you think you need to do when replacing in?

Do you think you you could catch up entirely before saying a thing, or is it ok to read half first, then half give stances, and then eventually fully become, in it?

What should you keep in mind when replacing in?

If you didn't read, do you feel like you didn't accomplish getting a read on the players who have already argued and posted their thoughts on dilemans, or just discussed town concerns?

Is replacing in tough? Why?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Only replace in if you're not lazy as f***. And if you're good.

Answer no to one of those, then you shouldn't be replacing in.

Any questions?

And LOL @ that 3rd paragraph. Why would you give stances on old a** s***? Give stances on everything and include the old things.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only replace into a game if you aren't lazy as **** and are going to put the time and effort in to play the playerslot responsibly, AND can deal with being attacked for **** you didn't do.

Ideally, you want to replace in as early into a game as possible. The longer and later the game is, the more difficult it is to adequately catch up.

Reading an ENTIRE game before posting is def. not necessary, though it is ideal. It's actually probably a good idea to read a game in its entirety BEFORE you offer to replace in, so that you don't do it and then realize you're way over your head (though is sorta dependent on how urgently the replacement is needed and how much time you have to spend on reading the game). But yeah, you can definitely get a good enough grip of the game by checking out key sections of the game or reading specific player's posts (like flipped scum, flipped cops, people who would have had info, etc.). However, like I said, a full read is always ideal.

Replacing in isn't easy, but the difficulty does vary from game to game because of length differences and player composition differences. It's very much a case by case basis deal. Just on principle though, it's pretty challenging and a lot of work to jump right into a game in progress and assume the identity of some who is no longer present.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Think of it like this:

I know how lazy I am, and how short of an attention span I have. I CAN'T replace into any normal game that's run now after, like, the first coup'la days of Day 1. Cuz the activity is balls to the wall active. Now, what's the only game I've EVER replaced into? BIM 3. Why'd I do that? I had been reading up prior to my replacement because Gheb was looking for a replacement for Chibo. I didn't even replace Chibo, but I read up and made my own personal stances from an outsider's POV (but that f***ed me over cuz I replaced into a scum slot and had em on my scum list :p).

In the end, just know that it can be quite hard to replace in, but not IMPOSSIBLE.

Top Bottom