• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Repetitive thread]

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Cancelling Header may seem useless except if the opponent puts up a reflector. But I found it can open up some baffling mixups.

Why? Because that ball can still be hit when it bounces, and it's damage varies based on the ball's current speed. It's slower and sometimes weaker than normal, yes. But what it loses in power and startup time, it gains in stage control.

Keep in mind that this is pretty risky to rely on, but I think it's useful to keep in mind anyway.

After Header is cancelled, it will put Trainer in a Helpless state, which means she'll do the "ta-da" landing lag pose. So try not to do this when the opponent is up close and personal for obvious reasons.

Now, utility.

The fron hitbox of Jab 1 is the easiest to hit with, and sends the ball midrange in a slow arc. Pretty useless as an ordinary projectile in no small part because it's too slow in this state to do damage except at impractical , but it can be comboed into Dash Attack on flat surfaces to send it at a higher angle at higher speed and, if the opponent is at the right distance, it deals a whopping 15% damage if both the ball and the attack hits. Yes, you could just leap back with the special move itself and rush into it directly, but that's considerably harder to do.

On that topic, though, let's bring up the other utility; adding damage to another attack if the opponent is fool enough to miscalculate. You see, if the opponent is in the same place as the ball when you hit it, pow. It counts as a combo.

Her forward tilt's front hitbox sends it in a high arc at good speed. It does 9% in this state if just the ball hits; this is as much as normal. All the same, I use the angle to pester recovering opponents. The rear hitbox, which can be used by walking slightly forward, sends it flying up and above her head for 8%.

Several attacks, mainly the Utilt, Dtilt, and Nair send it behind her. Good as a measure of the opponents trying to jump over you.

My favorite is using the Header Headbutt a second time. This may seem counterproductive, but it sends the ball plummeting at a sharp angle for 9% damage. Unfortunately, though, it's not a meteor smash like the headbutt itself. When used on the ground, it bounces once and strikes midrange at 8%.

Using Super Hoop on the ball is pretty useful to protect a retreat and confound with movement. The ball is slow and only hits at 6%, but it's enough to make a quick getaway with.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom