• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Renzo Rises From The Shadows!

Renzo Tenebre

Smash Rookie
Hello all fellow smashers! I'm new to the forums but I've been playing smash since kindergarden. I hope to get to know the community and its members well.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to Smashboards Renzo! I see you support both Ness and Robin. +2 cool points for you as those are great characters. Especially Robin (sorry, my Fire Emblem Pride bias gets in the way :p)...

Hope you enjoy your time here :)

P.S. - Care to explain how you came up with your username?

Renzo Tenebre

Smash Rookie
Well I went through a time in my life where I was very enthralled in any and all things italian and I though it was more creative then my past handle, Shadowkid. Renzo is just an italian name I liked the sound of but Tenebre is the italian word for darkness.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, pretty cool. My username is just "Pride" in Japanese. There was some Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood inspiration behind that, I'll say that much. But, Pride is also the greatest of all the seven deadly sins and it's something every human being has. That's just a little rough summary anyway. "Hokori" also sounded cool to me so that's another reason why I went with it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well I went through a time in my life where I was very enthralled in any and all things italian and I though it was more creative then my past handle, Shadowkid. Renzo is just an italian name I liked the sound of but Tenebre is the italian word for darkness.
Italian? Why did you not name yourself, "Mario Tenebre"?! :awesome:

Regardless, it is a great username. I am certainly an advocate of the darkness. That is very interesting though, it is not every day that you see one interested in a foreign name enough to adopt it as their own.

Ah, pretty cool. My username is just "Pride" in Japanese. There was some Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood inspiration behind that, I'll say that much. But, Pride is also the greatest of all the seven deadly sins and it's something every human being has. That's just a little rough summary anyway. "Hokori" also sounded cool to me so that's another reason why I went with it.
Interesting. I always interpreted "Lust" as one of the greatest sins as it tends to have a correlation with other notable sins such as "Gluttony" or "Greed." Either way, all of the deadly sins are great! :)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Interesting. I always interpreted "Lust" as one of the greatest sins as it tends to have a correlation with other notable sins such as "Gluttony" or "Greed." Either way, all of the deadly sins are great! :)
In most lists, "Pride" is considered the origin of all sins, the deadliest, and source of all others. Believing that one is essentially better than others, unwilling to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, and excessive admiration of the personal self are all traits of Pride. And of course, one of the greatest known examples is of Lucifer's desire to compete with God (the example isn't intended to spark religious discussion, just figured it was relevant since most are familiar with that idea).

But yeah, the deadly sins discussion is always a fun one, especially due to FMA :)

Top Bottom