• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Removing DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenobi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ben016
Is there a way to remove a DLC character from your game? My mom HATES Bayonetta and has confiscated my wii u until she is removed. What do I tell her? How does she remove Bayonetta?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
First off, why does she hate Bayonetta? Is it her clothes, her personality?

As for actually removing her, you'd have to uninstall and reinstall the patch, I'd think.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Tell her that's a dumb reason, and she has issues.
How are you supposed to remove the DLC character without the Wii U? I'm also unsure if you can uninstall DLC characters at all..

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On the Wii U go to System Settings, then Data Management, choose copy/move/delete data, go to your system memory(or wherever you stored your Smash Wii U save data) , press on your Super Smash Bros Wii U save and then choose the icon that has "Add-on content" written in grey.

Delete that and then go onto the eShop and redownload all your DLC again except for Bayonetta. Don't worry, your saves, records and everything should still be fine.

Keep in mind though this only removes Bayonetta (as well as her stage and trophies) from your roster and offline, you can still potentially come across her in online matches if somebody else uses her.

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Tell her she should quit being a fun killing old fart by quitting being afraid of anything mildly sexual that she finds threatening.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Ouch, an overprotective religious mom. Been there. That reminds me: there is no way to "roll back" game versions right - without hacking? I still have my old replays to record but never did.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Is there a way to remove a DLC character from your game? My mom HATES Bayonetta and has confiscated my wii u until she is removed. What do I tell her? How does she remove Bayonetta?
My god, if she's like that, why would she agree to have kids????

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Tell her it's allright cuz it's all make believe and God knows whats in your heart so he wouldnt allow you to be seduced by witchcraft and demons and stuff. Like, then tell her there's nothing to fear from Bayonetta becuz God is so much stronger than her so everthing's OK as Ness would say :ness2:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like an explanation on why your Mom is disallowing a super watered-down version of a character to be in your game would be helpful.
No one should lose the privilege to enjoy the presence of Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel like an explanation on why your Mom is disallowing a super watered-down version of a character to be in your game would be helpful.
No one should lose the privilege to enjoy the presence of Bayonetta.
The Bayonetta game is one thing. But Smash? Unless you say no to any fighting game since it has violence in it(that's reasonable), this is not.

She's being ridiculous, honestly. The character is already watered down and made fine for kids to handle. Frankly, Zero Suit Samus is way more of a problem.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ridiculous or not (been there done that, heck, my mom made me get permission to play T-rated games, Melee included, until I was about 17), the above advice about deleting Add-On Content and then reinstalling everything else is the actually meaningful reply here.

Just don't tell her Palutena is a goddess. This is assuming she's even okay with Palutena showing some thigh and Zamus being Zamus.

But trust me, I can relate to the "deliberately avoiding gameplay elements unless my mom isn't home" thing. All you can do is trudge through it until she decides to let you make your own choices about things like that, or old enough to move out.

Kenobi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ben016
Everyone saying shes overprotective person needs to just shut up. If u actually can help answer my question, please do. Otherwise, have a nice day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kenobi Kenobi : I can very well understand why your mother heavily dislikes Bayonetta. I too find her presence in Smash 3DS / Wii U to be heavily questionable, especially when Gomorrah shows up.

Anyway, just go to System Settings and delete the Add-On Content. You can redownload the purchased DLC at any time, and do so without having Bayonetta present. But keep note that even if Bayonetta isn't on your roster, you can still end up fighting against her in online play.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Everyone saying shes overprotective person needs to just shut up. If u actually can help answer my question, please do. Otherwise, have a nice day.
I've already answered your question.
On the Wii U go to System Settings, then Data Management, choose copy/move/delete data, go to your system memory(or wherever you stored your Smash Wii U save data) , press on your Super Smash Bros Wii U save and then choose the icon that has "Add-on content" written in grey.

Delete that and then go onto the eShop and redownload all your DLC again except for Bayonetta. Don't worry, your saves, records and everything should still be fine.

Keep in mind though this only removes Bayonetta (as well as her stage and trophies) from your roster and offline, you can still potentially come across her in online matches if somebody else uses her.
Nothing more, nothing less. I can understand why Bayonetta may be seen as questionable for some parents so hopefully she will be fine with this. ^^

Last edited:

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I'm glad that went well. I was about to post the same solution.:)

Kenobi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ben016
It worked if anyone was wondering. Thanks for your help. She is no longer on my wii u. Now, that's not saying I wont use her at my friends houses :p

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

Hopefully you also removed any equipment off of any custom character slots prior to removing her, as this makes such equipment impossible to sell if you don't, as I discovered recently. Otherwise, you'll have to re-download the character again to remove the lock on the equipment. It's just a heads up in case you stumble upon this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom