• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

remove the bomb capsule/barrel/box

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I feel like the most annoying aspect is when it falls into your attack, or if a barrel falls onto a slope offscreen and rolls into you. The fact that it effects your enemy is even worse- I hate working up damage on someone and suddenly they explode.
Simply put- you should be able to turn them off. Some people like them, some people don't- the obvious answer is to make it optionable.

But for single player mode... I guess it sometimes is a problem, but it seems rare enough that it doesn't bother me that much. Vs. Mode is really where it pisses me off.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Aww... but it doesn't matter how your opponent dies as long as they die, right? It's not like the bombs are only going to explode on you and only you. Gotta work with your surrounding...

Everyone is uneven, therefore everyone is balanced. :chuckle: Still, the simplest way to solve this is to just put an option on it.

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
I agree with the numerous people who say you can turn it off but, in 1P it's a part of SSB so I think they should only have it on 1P.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I"d prefer random bombs to not spawn in front of my attacks killing me, if this didn't happen completive smash could actually put items on and .. not have stuff like that happen.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
They are annoying. I expect items, not a bomb randomly exploding on me. And melee has more of those random bombs. I hope brawl keeps it to a minimum or, better yet, delete it. What do you guys think?
We should have the option o taking out those items in Brawl, like in SSBM.
I get caught by those occasionaly, it pisses me off.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Even though items will most likely never be used in competitive Smash, no matter how they're changed in subsequent sequels, I'd still love to see hidden bombs taken out. If I play against people who like items on high, I swear, I get killed by random exploding items more than my opponent.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Alright, we know that bombs aren't in everyones favor for one reason or another. Competitive-only people don't like items, so there's not much say but to turn them off. Easy as that. Those people aren't, or really shouldn't, be playing 1P since the computers can mess up their fighting strategy. Maybe I'm a fool but I play the game the way it should be every now and then myself.

When you're playing Brawl, you'll only have to deal with it for a minimal amount of time, since 1P mode will be the key to unlocking many things. But I agree that Brawl's 1P should have the option of items off or on, so it's either all or nothing. It would make for interesting challenges that would need to be comlpleted, like "You beat *this mode* on *this level* with no items!" followed by getting something special. The game is already flexible as it is, but may as well add the option.

If bombs still bother, press the power button and, yes, go play Soul Caliber.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I get killed by random junk a lot in FFAs with items on too, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather have remain that way.

Items further separate SSB from other fighting series, where everything is so certain and specific. There's almost no room to experiment in games like VF, SC or SF because all you can do is fight in one style [i.e. you can't decide to be item-dependant or you can't decide to wait until your opponent uses items to capitalize].

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It pisses me off more in 1-Player Mode than Multiplayer Mode. For one reason: No Damage Bonus. No matter how good you are, they get you every single frickin' time. You did it perfectly in All-Star Mode and have 1 Mr. Game & Watch to defeat...and a random bomb screws you over.

It's happened to me, it's happened to you, I doubt it hasn't happened to everyone. If that's not lame, I don't know what is.

Anyway, the Bomb Container is just not good overall. I only would want to see it if I already have bombs on as is. It was fine in the first Smash, because there's not much of a competitive nature there, but not so much in this game. It needs to leave forever.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can't remember a time that a random bob-omb spawned out of nowhere and totally screwed me over in something. If you dislike containers, then throw it. Like, away from you. It rare for me to do an attack, have it appear in that second in front of me, and then make it 'splode unless you did something like a falcon punch. That's like karma. o.O

No Damage bonus or clear? That's nearly impossible/unessesary unless you want to get a real high score or get the Diskun trophy. Easier on Classic...

Deathreaver780

Smash Ace
Why get rid of these??? Why??? So what if they blow up, if u dont know how to throw it away from u LEARN HOW TO!!! Not trying to be an *** to u marthbeatsroy Besides, they make it fun sometimes, they blow up out of no where. Thats cool lol
But honestly sometimes this does really tick me off so bad though, I agree.

Top Bottom