• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Mother

Frantic Sheep

Smash Rookie
*MAJOR SPOILERS*

That's it? Are you sure? So why was Claus so evil and watch. Why did all his family members die again? Sorry to write man, but I'm still lost; however, I've received some more information due to your knowledge, but it's not enough man. Anymore detail? What about the the depressing man that looks like a Sponge? Why is the music so strange again? You get my point man? Thanks.
Did you actually play the game? Mother 3 is what it is, nothing more and nothing less. You can perceive any symbolic elements that you'd like but the questions you just asked have objective answers and should of been picked up through playing the game initially. Claus was evil because Porky reprogrammed his mind. His family members died because that's part of the story; Hinawa (the mom) was stabbed by a drago and Claus killed his self at the end. It's pretty straight forward.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
*MAJOR SPOILERS*

Did you actually play the game? Mother 3 is what it is, nothing more and nothing less. You can perceive any symbolic elements that you'd like but the questions you just asked have objective answers and should of been picked up through playing the game initially. Claus was evil because Porky reprogrammed his mind. His family members died because that's part of the story; Hinawa (the mom) was stabbed by a drago and Claus killed his self at the end. It's pretty straight forward.
Sigh, I played the game, but I didn't understand it completely, that is why I'm asking YOU to assist me towards the quest of understanding the game story plot 100%- I'm always obsessed when I can't fathom what the concept is. What you wrote back I know that already; however, I NEED DETAIL. Thanks.

Frantic Sheep

Smash Rookie
Sigh, I played the game, but I didn't understand it completely, that is why I'm asking YOU to assist me towards the quest of understanding the game story plot 100%- I'm always obsessed when I can't fathom what the concept is. What you wrote back I know that already; however, I NEED DETAIL. Thanks.
The way you are asking is extremely confusing. If you played the game then you should know the story. If you're wondering towards why the story is the way it then ask Shigesato Itoi (the writer of the game). Mother 3 like other Mother games tend to contain a lot symbolic concepts that happen in the real world. Shigesato Itoi leaves a lot of the games meaning for your own interpretation. The ending is left extremely open for an example or why or what exactly happen to Claus and it's meaning is left open for the player's imagination as well. It's simply literature.

Mother 3 does cover concepts such as dualism (technology vs nature) and capitalism/feudalism. On top of that the story itself is sad and strange so that's why the theme and music is the way it is. Everything else can only be answered by your own interpretation. They actually have an extremely interesting interview with the creator of Mother 3 that might answer some of your questions if you're interested.

mother3.fobby.net/interview/

Last edited:

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
Well first off everyone dies in Lucas' family in the first few minutes, except his father. And throughout the entire game your the outcast, who in most eyes, never stood a chance, he was just an annoying pest always getting in the way. However, they don't realize your not fighting just to save the world, your fighting to prove your not that wimpy kid you used to be, your fighting for the small chance, that maybe your brother was not mauled by a mutated dinosaur, and in the end your wish comes true and you get to watch your brother pass on peacefully to the next life. That's what mother 3 is all about.
Way to ****ing spoil a great game. Come on dude, they have an option ig you're about to post a potential spoiler

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
I had the game spoiled to me and I loved the game as I played even though I knew everything that was going to happen calm down dude
Yeah I've already had it spoiled for me. It's just lame how people ruin the game. Literally I have no motivation to complete it

Top Bottom