• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining roster list (For fun)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Let's put a cap at 42 characters.

We'll assume that the following ones are in the game:

Luigi
Cpt. Falcon
Falco
JigglyPuff
Ganondorf

That leaves 12 characters. Which 12 characters do you think will be in the final version? Also, what characters would you personnaly want to see in? Don't put deconfirmed ones.

List of characters I think will be in the final version:

Mewtwo
Marth
Ness
Krystal
Geno
Ridley
Sukapon (Edit: after reconsideration, Isaac could replace Sukapon)
Mr. Game & Watch
Micaiah
3rd party character (Megaman?)
King K. Rool
SSE character (Original character created by Sakurai in the adventure mode)

Extra characters not above that I want in (that probably wont be playable :/):

Lucario
Kumatora (Mother 3)
Titania (Fire Emblem signigicant female Axe Wielder)
Kat & Ana (Warioware)
Mona (Warioware)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Demiru (Tomato Adventure)
Midna ( Not with wolf link, but not solo imp either)
Sylux (Metroid Prime: Hunters)
..Moogle! (FF6 look)

What do you guys think?

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Both Kat & Ana and Mona=No. Actually, either of them=No.
And five characters representing Fire Emblem, and four of them are from the two most recent games? Also, Titania?!

Midna will, if she is a playable character, appear in her Imp form (with or without Wolf Link). Her true form was only showed a couple of minutes in the end.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeh, but those are just characters I personnally want in, the first 12 are the ones I think will be in the final roster.

What other characters do you think ACTUALLY stand a chance of being in?

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
All the ones you have for the final version are ones that I would like to see in the game except maybe Mewtwo and Ness.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Yeh, but those are just characters I personnally want in, the first 12 are the ones I think will be in the final version.

What other characters do you think ACTUALLY stand a chance of being in?
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your first post. I should've read through it properly. Sorry!

As for the other characters, all of them sound reasonable, although a lot of members would prefer having Isaac in the character roster. Personally, I think Isaac fits more in than Sukapon. We have enough retro characters already, and only a few of us would've known of Sukapon if someone didn't start "advertising" him here. Isaac, however, is more known to newer Nintendo fans.

Hm, who I'd like to see? I dunno, this list covered most of my choices.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I don't think Titania has a shot in hell. Someone lame like Soren however unlikely probably has a better shot than her. I would like to have someone like Tibarn, I think he'd be perfect, and one of the cooler characters in the series.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your first post. I should've read through it properly. Sorry!

As for the other characters, all of them sound reasonable, although a lot of members would prefer having Isaac in the character roster. Personally, I think Isaac fits more in than Sukapon. We have enough retro characters already, and only a few of us would've known of Sukapon if someone didn't start "advertising" him here. Isaac, however, is more known to newer Nintendo fans.

Hm, who I'd like to see? I dunno, this list covered most of my choices.

True, but do you think Sakurai would actually put Isaac in the game? It would make yet another sword user.. I've got nothing against him though, but I don't think he has more chance than Sukapon.. although perhaps there'd be only one retro character, either mr.game and watch or Sukapon.

Seriously though, do you think he'd put another sword user?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Lots of people are saying he's 2nd party
Square/Enix owns him so he is third party.
Just looked it up

True, but do you think Sakurai would actually put Isaac in the game? It would make yet another sword user.. I've got nothing against him though, but I don't think he has more chance than Sukapon.. although perhaps there'd be only one retro character, either mr.game and watch or Sukapon.

Isaac is a sword/magic user which makes him unique.

The majority of the characters are fist fighters so I see no reason for there to be an any objection to have more sword users.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
i say i like it, exept from titania and sylux who are kind of akward.... and ness

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Square/Enix owns him so he is third party.
Isaac is a sword/magic user which makes him unique.

The majority of the characters are fist fighters so I see no reason for there to be an any objection to have more sword users.
Yes, but we have no axe wielders, spear users,.. whatever other weapon ..:S,.. all we have are sword users and mallot/hammer users.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i say i like it, exept from titania and sylux who are kind of akward.... and ness
Without Ness, we only represent the last game of Mother... doesnt that seem weird? only representing Mother 3.. I dunno, I think Ness will probably make a come back with a new moveset.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice

Another sword user? Not a problem. Smash has a lot of fist-fighters, but they are all unique. Swordplay plays a big part of Nintendo. Also, Isaac is also a magic user, which can lead into a very creative moveset. Remember, this is Sakurai, he turned Captain Falcon into an unique character without having anything to get inspiration from.

We already have Ice Climbers and Pit (and probably Game and Watch as well). I think that's a fair amount of retro characters.

The Rawk

Smash Rookie
Hah, might as well.

Whom I think is in:

Lucario
Krystal
Geno
Ridley
Ness
Marth
King K. Rool
Isaac
Animal Crosser
Sukapon
Mii
MegaMan

Characters I WANT in Brawl but won't be in Brawl:

Pious Augustus
Vaati
Micaiah
Ouendan/EBA character
Phoenix Wright (I would main him no matter what. Ultimate WTF character material.)
Lloyd Irving (Would be better IMO than Pac-Man for Namco rep.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think Titania has a shot in hell. Someone lame like Soren however unlikely probably has a better shot than her. I would like to have someone like Tibarn, I think he'd be perfect, and one of the cooler characters in the series.
Tibarn is cool, I wouldnt mind him, But I'd prefer to have at least one axe user..

Another sword user? Not a problem. Smash has a lot of fist-fighters, but they are all unique. Swordplay plays a big part of Nintendo. Also, Isaac is also a magic user, which can lead into a very creative moveset. Remember, this is Sakurai, he turned Captain Falcon into an unique character without having anything to get inspiration from. .
Congrats, youve convinced me :) , I think Ill accept him if he's in, but I wonder if Sakurai actually considers him..

Hah, might as well.

Whom I think is in:

Lucario
Krystal
Geno
Ridley
Ness
Marth
King K. Rool
Isaac
Animal Crosser
Sukapon
Mii
MegaMan
How would Animal Crosser and Mii fight? They dont have any fighting experience. I think you at least need fighting experience or.. something, to be in it. Even Peach fought in Mario RPG.

About Ness, Apparently his ssb moves were taken from Paula, so it would make complete sense to put him in with his own moves

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Really, I could only guess 8 more characters (I predict at least 2-4 characters will be WTC?!). So, realistically:

Mewtwo or Lucario (Assumed by most everybody, but I don't think they'll be in together, too many pkmn characters then)

Marth [Would make sense with two FE characters, Marth (a classic) and Ike (the cool kid from the latest games]

Game & Watch (Assumed; Icon theory aside)

An AC Character (There has to be, there is AC music, a stage, and items. Whether it will be Nook, Villager, etc. no one knows)

Isaac (I think he has a realistic chance to be in from a popular, new franchise on the GBA)

Ridley or Dark Samus (Metroid has become a big enough franchise to have at least 2 1/2 characters in Smash bros, IMO)

Wolf/Krystal/Falco (Star Fox has also become big enough to have 3 characters IMO...which characters is up in the air, though)

Wolf/Krystal/Falco (See above)

The other 4 I can barely guess...

-At least one more third-party character, either Capcom (Megaman) or Square Enix (Crono/Cloud/Sora)

-A new zelda character (Midna or Masks Link or Vaati or Toon Link)

-Another retro character

-No idea. Maybe another 3rd party or one of the characters mentioned above

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
final 12 huh... well here goes

1.Geno
2.Isaac
3.Krystal
4.Ridley
5.Lucario
6.Micaiah
7.Bowser Jr.
8.Claus
9.Paper Mario
10.9-volt
11.WTF- Mike Jones from Star Tropics
12.WTF 3rd party- The Prince from Katamari Damacy

There you are. Some wanted favorites and some unexpected newcomers

Teeb147

Smash Legend
final 12 huh... well here goes

1.Geno
2.Isaac
3.Krystal
4.Ridley
5.Lucario
6.Micaiah
7.Bowser Jr.
8.Claus
9.Paper Mario
10.9-volt
11.WTF- Mike Jones from Star Tropics
12.WTF 3rd party- The Prince from Katamari Damacy

There you are. Some wanted favorites and some unexpected newcomers

Yeh, having 2 WTF characters would be cool, but I highly doupt Paper mario would be considered..

btw. Apparently 9-volt has been deconfirmed.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
o rly? well then replace 9-volt with WW link or Midna w/wolf link---one of those two will make it.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
I would have highly doubted them considering Dr. Mario for melee either...you never know. He does allow for a unique moveset(especially his up b- he could turn into a paper airplane)

Arteen

Smash Lord
True, but do you think Sakurai would actually put Isaac in the game? It would make yet another sword user.
Isaac is a psychic, telekinetic, summoner, and earth-magic user who happens to also use a sword.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Isaac is a psychic, telekinetic, summoner, and earth-magic user who happens to also use a sword.
He should have alot of attacks that aren't slashes then. that would make him a bit more unique.

platnum

Smash Lord
VERY good chance:
Geno
ganon
Ridley
Krystal
jiggs
luigi
Capt. falcon

good chance:
moogle/Mog
Wolf
Marth
Bomberman
Sukapon
Isaac
Claus
lucario
mewtwo

50/50
ness
G and W
Black knight
miciah
Midna
Dark samus
Knux
K.rool

Low chances:
Roy
Tails
original SSB character
mii
Stylux

total fail,GTFO
pichu
Dr,M
Mike jones(no...just no)
Cloud
shadow
naruto
master chief
sakurai

listed by chances.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
VERY good chance:
Geno not a very good chance, maybe good
ganon
Ridley - not a very good chance, maybe good
Krystal
jiggs
luigi
Capt. falcon

good chance:
moogle/Mog No
Wolf
Marth
Bomberman No
Sukapon ?
Isaac
Claus maybe
lucario
mewtwo

50/50
ness
G and W he should be higher
Black knight no
miciah maybe
Midna
Dark samus
Knux doubtful
K.rool

Low chances:
Roy
Tails doubtful
original SSB character no
mii maybe
Stylux It's sylux

total fail,GTFO
pichu
Dr,M
Mike jones(no...just no) he should be much, much higher
Cloud
shadow
naruto
master chief
sakurai he has a much better chance than you think

listed by chances.
Responses in bold. I think your 'chances' list is a little off <_<;.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Moogle has almost no chance of being in the game, but man if Mog was in Id be freakin happy.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
@ platnum: A simple Moogle has a better chance than Midna, K. Rool, Dark Samus and Micaiah? I think not.

platnum

Smash Lord
Moogle has almost no chance of being in the game, but man if Mog was in Id be freakin happy.
so would I but, almost no chance? Read the OP of the mog/moogle thread in char disc, it explaines how high his chances really are.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I hope you realise that is entirely subjective opinion :p I would think that Marth and Mewtwo have a much better chance than Geno, as would Isaac.

Twelve spots then? Well, since Olimar is now official Isaac / Felix are the only characters left who I particularly want in. Considering how popular and character-focused Golden Sun was, I wouldn't think it would be entirely crazy if two characters from it were included. Seeing as villains for most of the already included series are in, and Saturos and Menardi were a team really, Alex seems most appropriate.

I also would be quite pleased if KK Slider was in. I know it's pretty unlikely what with him in the background of Smashville, but I can still hope! I would love to see a move-set filled with references to his songs, and it would be fun to use his guitar for Smash attacks.

After Mr Game and Watch I started running out of ideas, so I'm not particularly bothered about the ones after that, I just don't hate the idea of them.

1. Isaac or Felix (Golden Sun)
2. Alex (Golden Sun)
3. K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
4. Sukapon [I actually know next to nothing about him, I just remember seeing some brief information about him and thinking he sounded like a fun character that could work]
5. Marth (Fire Emblem)
6. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
7. Mr Game and Watch (Game and Watch)
8. Krystal (Starfox)
9. Fawful (Mario and Luigi)
10. Lucario (Pokemon)
11. Leon (Starfox) [Starfox needs a villain representative and chameleons are cool.]
12. Wiimote [Actually, I'd rather that be a new boss wielded by Master Hand, with Nunchuk held by Crazy Hand :)] Shigeru Miyamoto - he would be the best "WTF" character by far, in my opinion.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
so would I but, almost no chance? Read the OP of the mog/moogle thread in char disc, it explaines how high his chances really are.
What's this OP you're talking about??

I never heard anyone from Nintendo or Square even mention a moogle in smash..

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Let's put a cap at 42 characters.

We'll assume that the following ones are in the game:

Luigi
Cpt. Falcon
Falco
JigglyPuff
Ganondorf

That leaves 12 characters. Which 12 characters do you think will be in the final version? Also, what characters would you personnaly want to see in? Don't put deconfirmed ones.

What do you guys think?
What I would WISH to get:

1) Ridley
2) Captain Syrup
3) Raphael Raven
4) Isaac
5) Wolf
6) Tom Nook
7) Would be a Deoxys that had transformations, but instead, I guess Gengar
8) Ray - Custom Robo
9) Micaiah
10) Vectorman!