• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Release

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
No need to be a prick. I misread the announcement thing, but even still. The game only took about 2 years to be made. You're suggesting that SSB4 might not come out until 2016-2017 which would be 4-5 years. There is no way it takes that long to be made. One of the reasons they got Namco to help out was to speed up the development time.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I don't consider 2014-2015 an early release, which is likely the time span the game will come out in.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
honestly hoping for holiday 2013 I hate to be impatience but it's not like the wait for brawl, I am getting older and so are the ppl I play with, :p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nothing about Namco's development means the game will be finished any sooner than without. Assuming an early release will only lead to disappointment.
It depends how much of the staff at Namco Bandai, Nintendo-owned companies, and other 3rd parties are working on these 2 games (which we won't know for a few years).
Tekken x Street Fighter is "about 10% done" one year and eleven months after its announcement.
It could be a different set of staff at Namco Bandai Games. Namco has thousands of employees, unlike Game Arts, which had maybe 100 at the time of Brawl's development.
This game only recently began development, and expecting a release date sooner than Brawl's is more than naive.
3 years (well, 3 1/2 to 5 years) doesn't sound unreasonable. Anything below that is definitely unreasonable though (IMO). After all, this is 2 smash games, not 1.
it is very common for games to have a 3+ year development in the HD-era.
A lot of that time is spent on graphics technology. I think the days of spending $20 on new graphics technology is over, with the different between graphics being so minimal now, especially with new technology. Now the thing where all the money will go is how much something can run, which hopefully doesn't go out of control like the 7th gen graphics war.

Also, the Brawl developers had a lot of help on graphics-related things. Many outside sources helped make/did make several character models, trophies, stickers, and stages.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tekken x Street Fighter is "about 10% done" one year and eleven months after its announcement.
For a few good reasons.

1. Street Fighter X Tekken was to come out first with a considerable gap before releasing Tekken X Street Fighter.
2. The Tekken team has been working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and now on the console release AND Smash 4.
3. Harada said that TKxSF wouldn't start until after TTT2 was finished.

My guess is that Smash 4 will be out ultimately by the end of next year. The reason I say this is that I honestly believe that the game has been in the works since October of last year. Remember that people were hired specifically for this game's development. They can't leave those people hanging for four to six months while Sakurai finishes Kid Icarus. This is where Namco comes in. Aside from getting another developer to hasten the development, this allows a prototype to be made without Sakurai being needed, saving months of development time.

We also have very large teams involved with this game, including the Tales and Tekken developers. Since they have all these teams to work on specific parts of the game, this cuts down development time a lot. I've personally hoping the Tekken team plays a big role in the mechanics, engine, and character playstyle department.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope Smash will come out during the summer of 2014. Gives them a lot of time to make the game. I wouldn't mind if it came out close to December though, cause if it did, I could ask it for my B-day instead of actually paying for it.

Top Bottom